[ASA-Official] LEF-ARCADE Deadline and Space Categorizations Announced

Gabriel A Ginorio gginorio at mit.edu
Thu Dec 7 01:04:57 EST 2017

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please take note of the following announcements:

  1.  LEF-ARCADE Applications (due 12/8/2017)
  2.  Space Categorization Assignments (appeals due 12/13/2017)

  1.  LEF-ARCADE Applications (due 12/8/2017)

The deadline to submit applications to the Large Event Fund (LEF) and the Assisting Recurring Cultural And Diversity Events (ARCADE) fund Fall Cycle is 12/8/2017 at 11:59PM EST. This deadline is for events occurring between January 1, 2018 and March 31, 2018. The application and more information about the funds are available online: <http://web.mit.edu/asa/resources/large-events.html>.

You are encouraged to meet with someone from the Student Activities Office to discuss your application, particularly if it is for a new event or you are making substantial changes to a recurring event.  You MUST meet with the Student Activities Office to discuss an event if it will involve paying a speaker or performer.  You can contact Elizabeth Thompson, <erthomps at mit.edu<mailto:erthomps at mit.edu>>, and Veronica Santana, <verodea at mit.edu<https://owa.exchange.mit.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=Cl9trIdFI9LAwE7uIVAFyBxEC4mbvizaOV36VjJax4NGF_wXLuHUCA..&URL=mailto%3averodea%40mit.edu>>, about scheduling an appointment.

Any questions? Email Mark at <asa-treasurer at mit.edu<mailto:asa-treasurer at mit.edu>>

(2)  Space Categorization Assignments (appeals due 12/13/2017)

We are now releasing the priority categorizations<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_TqPOZdBPhFBu6wEeyULpm_MJC4w70NJONu8zD-zW6E/edit?usp=sharing>. Please read through them carefully. If your group did not apply, your automatic categorization is to lose all space (EDO,EDL). Any MIT-funded group that did not apply is allowed, and encouraged, to apply<http://cglink.me/s10458> before the late application deadline of Dec. 13th. There is a key at the top of the spreadsheet, as well as later in this e-mail.

All groups that did apply but are not satisfied with their categorization are allowed to appeal. Appeals to the categorizations must be received by Dec.13th. You must email asa-space at mit.edu<mailto:asa-space at mit.edu>. The format of these appeals is described in Article VII, Section 4 of our Operating Guidelines www.web.mit.edu/asa/rules/pdf/ASA-Operating-Guidelines.pdf<http://www.web.mit.edu/asa/rules/pdf/ASA-Operating-Guidelines.pdf>.

We will aim to release full assignments by Dec. 22nd and will conduct move in/out starting mid-IAP. We will be hosting a full space clean out with the help of CAC over various days from mid-IAP to early Spring semester to throw out any items your group desires. All groups are required to participate/have a representative present for one of the days, even if your group is not looking to throw items out. We will send more details when allocations are finalized.

Key:
RCO=Retain Current Office
RAO=Retain Amount Office
EDO=Expected Decrease Office
HPIO=High Priority Increase Office
MPIO=Medium Priority Increase Office
LPIO=Low Priority Increase Office

RCL=Retain Current Locker/Storage

RAL=Retain Amount Locker/Storage
EDL=Expected Decrease Locker/Storage
HPIL=High Priority Increase Locker/Storage
MPIL=Medium Priority Increase Locker/Storage
LPIL=Low Priority Increase Locker/Storage

Any questions about categorizations, allocations, move in/out or clean out, please direct them at asa-space at mit.edu<mailto:asa-space at mit.edu>.