[ASA-Official] Annual Required Anti-Hazing and Membership Confirmation Signing; Message from CAC

Cory Hernandez cdh2014 at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 15 19:30:14 EST 2014

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please take note of the following announcements:

(1) Annual Required Membership Confirmation and Anti-Hazing Form
Signing (due 2/4/14)
(2) Message from CAC

---------------------------------------

(1) Annual Required Membership Confirmation and Anti-Hazing Form
Signing (due 2/4/14)

It is now time for the ASA’s annual update process. We use this to
verify that all groups are active and have enough members.
Additionally, by Massachusetts law, every group is required attest to
having distributed a copy of the Massachusetts hazing law to its
members. Finally, we also ask that groups reaffirm that they do not
discriminate.

Each ASA-recognized student group must have an officer listed in the
ASA database complete the form at
https://asa.mit.edu/membership/update/.

Each group also must have at least five MIT student members confirm
membership by filling out the form at
https://asa.mit.edu/membership/confirm/.

Each group should submit these forms by February 4, 2014 at 11:59PM
EDT. Late submissions will be penalized by fines (up to $150) and
eventually suspension and derecognition. Groups that have been
recognized THIS 2013-2014 ACADEMIC YEAR do NOT need to complete this
process.

If, at any time, you have questions, including about the timeline or
getting extensions, please email us at asa-exec at mit.edu.

---------------------------------------

(2) Message from CAC

Tim the Beaver turns 100 this year! Join us next week for his 100th
birthday celebration.

Friday, 1/17 from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm

Student Center Lobby

Activities include:  Have your photo with Tim, snack on a cupcake,
enjoy live music, giveaways, and more.

Please feel free to email asa-exec at mit.edu with any requests,
questions, or other inquiries.

Sincerely,