[ASA-Official] Space Application Available; Feedback Requested on Policy Changes

Rachel Keeler rhkeeler at MIT.EDU
Sun Oct 27 00:06:24 EDT 2013

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please take note of the following announcements:

1. The 2014-2015 Space Allocation Cycle Application is Now Available
2. Reminder of Space Allocation Timeline
3. Reminder: Feedback Requested on Proposed Policy Changes

1. Space Allocation Application is Now Available

The application for storage and office space for the 2014-2015
allocation cycle is available here:
<https://asa.scripts.mit.edu/applications/space/space.php>. Please
remember that only MIT-Funded student groups are eligible to be
allocated ASA space.

All groups -- *including those groups which currently have space* --
which desire space (meeting or storage) from the ASA must submit an
application. This application is intended to allow the ASA to
determine your group’s space needs, so please fill it out carefully
and thoroughly. It must be submitted by 11:59pm on Monday, November
11.

If you have any questions about this process or the application,
please e-mail <asa-space at mit.edu>.

2. Space Allocation Timeline

The schedule for the next round of space allocations is as follows:

Nov. 11: deadline for submission of applications for space
Dec. 2: category allocations released
Dec. 9: deadline to appeal categorization
Dec. 16: appeals have been heard
Dec. 23: full allocations released

New assignments will take effect during IAP. Details regarding the
application and our priorities in assigning space can be found in
Article VII of our Operating Guidelines,
<web.mit.edu/asa/rules/pdf/ASA-Operating-Guidelines.pdf>. Feel free to
email <asa-space at mit.edu> for more information, or with questions or
concerns.

3. Reminder: Feedback Requested on Proposed Policy Changes

At the General Body Meeting on October 1, we introduced two proposed
policy changes. We are seeking feedback on these proposals.

The first, which concerns the policy that all student groups must have
at least five students and be composed of at least 50% students, can
be found at <http://web.mit.edu/asa/rules/pdf/5-50-proposal.pdf>.
Please give us feedback at <http://goo.gl/6arLbN>.

The second, which concerns the policy that all student groups must be
open to all MIT students, can be found at
<http://web.mit.edu/asa/rules/pdf/openness-proposal.pdf>. Please give
us feedback at <http://goo.gl/gH0tV5>.

Please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests,
questions, or other inquiries.