[ASA-Official] reminder: ASA town hall meeting tonight, 7:15 pm, 1-246 + new group recognition document online

ASA President asa-president at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 5 13:51:12 EST 2008

Dear Student Group Officers,

This is a reminder that there will be a town hall meeting TONIGHT at 7:15 pm
in 1-246 to discuss the proposed changes to the new group recognition
criteria.

This meeting *is not mandatory*.  By contrast, the General Body Meeting in
two weeks (Mon Nov 17, 7 pm, 34-101) *is mandatory*.  However, we strongly
encourage you to come tonight to weigh in on the proposed changes.  There
will be a second town hall meeting, for people who cannot attend this one,
on Tuesday, November 11 at 7:15 pm in 1-150.

Additionally, we have put together a document detailing the motivation and
proposed implementation of the new system.  You can view it at
http://web.mit.edu/asa/privileges/GroupRecognition.pdf

Please e-mail us at asa-exec at mit.edu if you have any questions or comments.

*In summary:*
town hall meeting: Wednesday, November 5, 7:15 pm, in 1-246; not mandatory
town hall meeting: Tuesday, November 11, 7:15 pm, in 1-150; not mandatory
general body meeting: Thursday, November 17, 7 pm, 34-101; mandatory

Sincerely,

The ASA Executive Board