[ASA-Official] 2008 FYSM Submission and Registration Update

ASA President asa-president at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 25 12:05:26 EDT 2008

Dear ASA Student Groups

Please read the two following announcements carefully:

(1) 2008 First Year Summer Mailing Application (FYSM)

The application can be found online here:
http://scripts.mit.edu/~asa/applications/fysm/

The deadline to submit your information is **Friday, May 9th**

Please do not apply late or your group may not be included.

(2) Registration/Anti-Hazing Form Update

This semester, the ASA requested that groups sign the anti-hazing form
online.  Of the over 400 student groups we have in our database, only 227
filled out the form.  To those that did, thank you very much.  Since the end
of the year is approaching, we are not going to pursue groups that did not
fill it out at this time.  However, in the fall, this
Registration/Anti-Hazing Form submission will follow a more stringent
process:

- The process will be announced and begin around Registration Day
- Submissions will be due approximately two weeks after
- Groups who have not submitted their information by then will be suspended
- Groups who have still not submitted their information one month after
Suspension will be derecognized.

This Registration process is essential for the ASA to know which groups are
still active and which are not as well as to ensure we abide by
Massachusetts State Law.

Sincerely,

The ASA Executive Board