[Asa-official] Elections, GBM, Summer Mailing Vote

ASA Exec asa-exec at MIT.EDU
Sun Apr 8 18:53:01 EDT 2007

Dear Student Groups,

We'd like to remind you that the ASA General Body Meeting will be held
on *Wednesday, April 11th at 7pm in 10-250*. It is *mandatory* for each
student group to send one representative. Groups run the risk of losing
their table at the Activities Fair and Midway in addition to suspension
and derecognition if they fail to attend.

Elections for the 2007-2008 ASA Executive Board will be held at this
meeting. If you intend to run for a position, please send an email to
asa-president at mit.edu with your name and what position you are running
for by *Tuesday, April 10th at midnight*. At the meeting, you will be
expected to make a <2-minute statement to the General Body about your
qualifications for the position. The following positions are open for
election:
President
Treasurer
Secretary
Undergraduate Member-at-Large (2)
Graduate Member-at-Large (2)
Student Member-at-Large
(Nominations will reopen for all positions at Elections and close just
prior to the candidates making their statements.)

Additionally, since the results of our survey were inconclusive, after
Elections, we will be taking a vote regarding the First Year Summer
Mailing. Although it is up to the ASA Exec Board to make a final
decision, we want to include student group input as much as possible.
Therefore, we will be voting between mailing the CD to incoming
students, giving it out in their folders during Orientation, and sending
them an email with a link to the information that is on the CD (or some
combination thereof). Please be sure to discuss this with your group in
some capacity so that your vote at the GBM on this matter is
representative.

We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday evening, and we hope the
semester is treating you well.

Sincerely,
The ASA Executive Board