[Asa-official] GBM on Monday - Reminder

Jen Lobo jlobo at MIT.EDU
Sat Apr 22 18:27:22 EDT 2006

Dear Student Groups,

The Spring General Body Meeting is MONDAY, April 24th at 7pm in 54-100.

This meeting is mandatory! Please send a representative of your group
to the meeting and remember to check-in when you arrive. Failure to send a
representative to this meeting will result in group suspension.

The agenda will include elections for the new ASA Executive Board,
discussion if
the First Year Summer Mailing, and any other relevant information that we need
to communicate.

The ASA has analyzed student groups' survey responses to this past year's
Summer Mailing, and will present the results during the GBM. We will then
open the floor up to discussions on whether this year's FYSM should be on
CD, paper, or online. Please come to the GBM to express your opinion on
this issue.

The following positions on the ASA Exec Board are up for election:
President
Treasurer
Secretary
Undergraduate Member-at-Large (x2)
Graduate Member-at-Large (x2)
Student Member-at-Large

If you would like to run for a position, please email asa-exec at mit.edu as soon
as possible to let us know! Nominations are open until voting begins at the
meeting on Monday evening. (Please note that the asa-exec list is publicly
archived on the ASA website.)

Being a member of the ASA Exec Board is a great way to support and interact
with
student groups at MIT. If anyone in your group is interested in the ASA and in
making decisions that affect and improve life for student groups, bring them
along. We strongly encourage students to consider running for a position.

Sincerely,
The ASA Executive Board