Subject: [Class of 2014] Career Services

From: daesun yim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 12:28:30 -0500

Dear Class of 2014,

Rachel Greenberg from the Career Development office suggested that these
upcoming career-oriented events are worth attending:

*
*

*Friday, April 22nd, Making MAJOR Decisions: what you need to know about
yourself when choosing a major, 3:30pm-5pm, 4-145*

Confused about what major to pursue and stressed by the upcoming deadline?
It’s time to take a step back and assess yourself and how your likes,
dislikes, values and interests might fit into the majors you are
considering. This workshop will take you through the basics- Who should you
talk to to get the information you need? What resources are available to
help you? Attendees will participate in two assessment exercises and will
bring the information together to evaluate major options. Register now on
CareerBridge (click on Workshops Career Fairs and Events).

*Skills and Values Small Groups*

*Upcoming Small Groups:*

*Thursday, April 21st, 4-5pm, 12-196*

*Thursday, April 28th, 10-11am, 12-196*

In order to make good career decisions, it’s important to have a clear
understanding of your strengths and internal priorities. This hands-on
workshop includes exercises to help you clarify your transferable skills and
values. This event will help you begin the process of identifying your
skills and abilities that you will market to employers. Students at all
stages can benefit from these exercises. *To register for these events,
please visit CareerBridge and select Workshops, Career Fairs and Events. *Each
session is limited to 15 students.

*Wednesday, April 27th, International Development Careers, 3:30-5pm, 5-217*

*More details to come*, *check CareerBridge for updates on this event and to
register.*

Featuring panelists from Chemonics International.

Chemonics is an international development consulting firm that promotes
meaningful change to help people live healthier, more productive, and more
independent lives. Around the world, we design and implement projects in
financial services, private sector development, health, environmental
management, gender, conflict and disaster management, democracy and
governance, and agriculture.

P.S. Best of luck on 18.03!