Subject: [2014] About our friend, Luiza Cabral

From: 2014 Council <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 21:29:27 -0500

Hi Class of 2014,

We wanted to pass along a message from Miho and Marco, two members of our
class:
******
Dear all,

On March 3rd around 8AM, our dearest friend Luiza Gesser Cabral passed away
in a hospital in São Paulo, Brazil. As you may know, she attended MIT until
December 7th of 2010 (which was her birthday) in her freshman year while
staying in German House, and took a time off due to her health condition;
after a while she ended up going to University of Campinas instead of
coming back to MIT. Although she was not a current MIT student, many people
on campus know her and spent a very great time with her. To remember Luiza,
her craziness and brightness, we will hold a memorial event for her on
Saturday at 5:30PM in MIT chapel.

She was, and still is, a best friend for us. Miho visited her in Brazil in
the summer of 2012 and stayed in her house for a week. She was very excited
about starting the civil engineering/architecture study in University of
Campinas; still, she often talked about coming back to MIT and finishing a
school with all of us. She was a very caring friend, with so much energy of
talking about what she loves (e.g. Napoleon), and always stood out with her
colorful hair (which probably experienced at least 10 different colors.) We
all think you have different memories with her, and we would like you to
share it during the memorial - and possibly creating a video to also share
with her parents and younger brother, Arthur.

Though we are making our efforts to reach out more people through Class of
2014 and Tech, please spread the word. If you cannot attend the memorial,
but still want to share your memory and words, please contact us at
[email-masked] and [email-masked]. We will make sure to forward the
messages to Luiza's family.

We also notified this news to S^3 and Mental Health Department, and the
staff members there are willing to help any of you who are deeply affected
by this.

Much love,

Miho Kitagawa
Marco Antonio Pedroso