Subject: [Class of 2014] Celebrate 2014 at the Microsoft NERD Center on Friday, November 2nd

From: 2014 Class Council <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 22:50:47 -0400

Hey Class of 2014!

We know you've been waiting, and the anticipation is over. *Celebrate
2014*will officially be held at the Microsoft NERD Center at 1
Memorial Drive on
Friday, November 2nd from 9 PM to Midnight. The list is huge:

*The Basics: *Semi-formal attire, no dates, November 2nd from 9 PM to
midnight
*The to-dos: *

   - Free food, fondue, and 6 MIT-themed mocktails
   - Raffles with awesome prizes (see below)
   - Live Electrofunk (by Rolltreppe's Peter Godart featuring Otto Briner)
   - Ridonkulus
   - A Class Photo (Digital copies available for anyone who'd like)
   - DJs
   - Karaoke and Kinect
   - A photo booth (Brought to you by Technique)
   - Balloon animals
   - Giant Jenga and Dominoes
   - Gifts, including bottle openers if you didn't get one at our study
   break

*The Raffle:*
*Raffle Details:*
12 jars for 7 categories of prizes. Earn tickets throughout the night and
split them as you see fit. You must be present to win!
*
*
*The Prizes*

   - MIT gear basket
   - Amazon gift cards ($50, $40, $30)
   - Kindle
   - 6-month Spotify subscription
   - Starbucks, Flour, Zinga, Fin's gift cards
   - Urban ears headphones
   - OR exchange one raffle ticket for one of the following steam games:
   Peggle Delux, World of Goo, Bastion, Plants vs. Zombies

*Get a ticket in the following ways*

   - Come to the event
   - RSVP on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/events/300310633415549/>
   - Send us pictures of you and other 2014s.*
   - Send us pictures of you with 6 different class council swag items (3
   designs of sweatshirts, sweatpants, PJs, sunglasses, bottle openers, and
   laptop decal) and get TWO extra raffle tickets!*
   - Everyone will be given a card at the beginning of the event. Find the
   3 other people at the event with your matching card and you'll each get an
   extra ticket.
   - Wear your brass rat.
   - Arrive in a group of 8 or more and each person will receive a ticket.

That was a *lot *of information. But that's because there will be a *lot* to
do.

See you there!

2014 Class Council

-----
The Microsoft New England Research & Development Center (NERD) is a
research and software innovation campus located in the heart of Cambridge,
Massachusetts. The NERD vertical campus spans two buildings with its
primary presence and conference center located at One Memorial Drive and a
recently renovated and expanded space located at One Cambridge Center. NERD
is home to some of Microsoft’s most strategic teams including Microsoft
Research New England, Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V),
SharePoint Workspace, Microsoft Technical Computing, Microsoft Advertising,
Microsoft Lync, Microsoft Office 365 and more. NERD has become a hub of
activity for the local tech community and has hosted more than 900 events
and welcomed more than 80,000 visitors during the past three years.