Subject: [Class of 2014] F/ASIP Applications Due December 20th

From: Anika Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 23:11:11 -0500

*Freshman/Alumni Summer Internship Program (F/ASIP) is now accepting
applications!*

Applications are available at http://web.mit.edu/fasip.  Applications should
be returned to GECD in Building 12 Room 170 or emailed to [email-masked].

We strongly encourage interested students to submit their applications *between
now and the* *preferred deadline of December 20th, 2010*. Should space
remain available, applications received after December 20th will be reviewed
on a rolling basis until the *final deadline of January 17th, 2011*. No
applications will be accepted after this date.

*About F/ASIP*:

F/ASIP is a graded seminar which offers participating MIT freshmen:

• Career exploration and development training, including self-assessment, as
well as resume writing, career decision making, interviewing skills,
internship search strategies, and more.

• Cultivation of professional skills, including networking, professional
etiquette, and communication skills.

• Opportunities for finding a summer internship or research experience,
helping students connect with MIT alumni mentors and other companies in
their industry of interest.

*Who Should Apply to F/ASIP?*

Any MIT freshman who is interested in:

•       Getting an early start (and gaining an edge) on their career
development

•       Exploring their interests, skills and values and how those relate to
potential careers

•       Developing their professional and communication skills to become a
stronger candidate for employers

Please note: F/ASIP is open to all freshmen students including international
students. Students should be prepared to make a commitment to coming to
biweekly seminars and completing assignments on their own. All students will
benefit from the program regardless of major!

It is important to note that participating in F/ASIP does not guarantee you
a summer internship. We provide the opportunity and training for you to
explore your interests and options and to connect with

employers. Our goal is to teach you valuable career planning and job search
skills that will be useful to you throughout your life. To prepare you for
your summer internship, F/ASIP conducts a series of mandatory

seminars during the spring semester preceding your summer internship. You
will also be required to complete assignments targeted to improve your oral
and written communication skills. *All students will benefit from the
program, regardless of major! ***

Email [email-masked] with any questions.

Rachel A. Greenberg
Assistant Director, Career Education and F/ASIP, Career Development
MIT Global Education & Career Development
617-253-4733
[email-masked] <http://[email-masked]/>
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Building 12-170
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139