!ALERT! Our server was listed as a spam source by spamcop.com. Many subscriptions have been disabled because the members server rejected the email based on the spamcop RBL. Please whitelist email from pch.mit.edu.
The PICList is a collection of people interested in the PIC and other similar embedded processors or microcontrollers. Despite our name, the PICList also hosts discussions related to other embedded controllers, engineering and general topics of interest to our members.
We enforce the use of topics tagging and topic filtering to try to allow a greater range of discussion while still respecting the fact that many hardcore engineers, who are valuable resources to the list, may have little time to read off topic posts and need a reliable way to filter them out so that they can spend what time they have concentrating on the topic they are most interested in.
Current topics are:
- [PIC] Should be at the start of the subject line for most postings to the PICList. This says that a PIC microcontroller (or clone) is directly involved, connected or the entire subject of the post. Any person who works with PICs would want to read it...
- [SX] Items specific to the Scenix SX microcontrollers
- [AVR] Items specific to the Atmel AVR microcontrollers
- [ARM] Items specific to ARM microcontrollers
- [EE] The doing of EE that you can do yourself. Power stations go into TECH unless it's a power station that you can build. So too eg Magnetohydrodynamics etc. Windmill alternators and related systems and alternate energy at the doing level go into EE. Windfarms into TECH. etc
- [TECH] About technology, Engineering other than EE, science hard stuff. NOT the philosophy of science in any depth. New discoveries in QM, cosmology etc are fine. Almost anything that gets a long thread that diverges can probably evolve into OT once people know it exists. Those who care can follow it. eg Global Warming is TECH at the latest discoveries level but not discussions of "An inconvenient truth" or "The great global warming swindle" etc. This may rate an occasional mention in TECH but long ramblings can go to OT.
- [BUY] People looking for parts, equipment, or consultants will use this topic.
- [AD] This is for advertisements of a commercial product or service. Don't spam, do post [AD]!
- [OT] This label is for posts that are completely off the topic of engineering/technology. The only things we don't ever want to see are religious/metaphysical, sex, hate, or political messages.
As a subscriber to the list, you can change which topics you choose to recieve. Rest assured that the core [PIC], [EE], [SX], [ARM] and [AVR] topics will be carefully policed to avoid wasting your time.
Over the years, this mailing list has forged strong friendships, saved countless hours of trouble, provided real-world education to students from all walks of life. We know you will benefit from it and look forward to meeting you on the list.
More information on this list, including FAQs for the List, for the PIC, SX, AVR and other Microcontrollers and a full list archive are available at http://www.piclist.com
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the Piclist
(The current archive is only available to the list
Subscribe to Piclist by filling out the following
You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to
prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. This is a hidden list, which means that the
list of members is available only to the list administrator.