[Waltz] [Local Waltz Event] Waltz class (round dancing) at MIT on Mondays

Sara Sheffels ssheff at mit.edu
Mon Sep 16 11:39:04 EDT 2019

Hi all,

Andy Latto will be teaching a round dancing series on Mondays starting
TODAY at the MIT student center. This is yet another version of waltz that
you can try out! Here is the info from Andy:

When: Mondays, 7:30-9:30 starting September 16.
Where: MIT; usually (including September 16) in room 407 in the MIT
student center.
What: This is a class in choreographed ballroom dance, also called
round dancing. Routines are pre-choreographed to fit the music, and a
cuer tells you the figures, so once you learn the vocabulary, you can
dance lots of different routines without needing to memorize anything.
When there's not a cuer, the same figures can be used in lead-follow
dancing. We'll start with Waltz (this is ballroom-style waltz, slower
than what gets danced at Saturday waltzes, but with lots of cool
figures that work well at the slower speed), and continue with Rumba,
Cha Cha, West Coast Swing, and lots of other rhythms.
How (much): Free to MIT students. $5-20 sliding scale for everyone else.

More info on our next Saturday Waltz at MIT event is coming soon!

Best,
Sara