[Waltz] 12/8/18 Waltz @ MIT

Kee Wui Huang apteryx.kiwi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 21:23:09 EST 2018

Hi everyone,

Our next waltz will be Saturday, December 8, 2018, at 7:30 PM in the
Hulsizer Room of Ashdown Hall.

>From 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM, Stephanie and Kee Wui will teach a lesson on the
cross-step mixer choreographed routine
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ3OqTvtqWQ>. We will start with a
refresher on the cross-step waltz turning basic, followed by the steps in
the cross-step mixer. We will also be teaching how to incorporate several
cross-step waltz variations into the mixer. No previous experience with
cross-step waltz is required.

   - Saturday, December 8, 2018
   - Ashdown House <http://whereis.mit.edu/?go=NW35>, Hulsizer Room (235
   Albany St., Cambridge, MA)
   The *Hulsizer room* is at the front of Ashdown, on the corner of Albany
   and Pacific. To get in, go through the main lobby and let the front desk
   staff know you're going to an event in Hulsizer. They will let you in and
   direct you across the courtyard to the Hulsizer room.
   - Lesson 7:30 PM
   - Open dancing 8:30-10:30 PM
   - Free, beginners welcome, no partner necessary
   - Facebook event <https://www.facebook.com/events/177934346480284/>

Our playlist for the evening will also feature some holiday-inspired tunes,
in addition to our usual mix of waltzes, polkas, swings, salsas, and more!

This will also be our last event for 2018, and events will resume sometime
in Jan 2019. Stay tuned for updates!