[Waltz] Next waltz event Saturday August 25

Sara Sheffels ssheff at mit.edu
Wed Aug 15 17:59:49 EDT 2018

Hi all,

Our next waltz lesson and dance event will be *Saturday August 25,
7:30-10:30pm*. We will be back in the *Hulsizer room at Ashdown House* (235
Albany St., Cambridge). Updates can be found at
https://stuff.mit.edu/~kenta/waltz/.

Kee Wui and I will teach a rotary waltz lesson (this is the type of waltz
that is usually done to faster music, unlike the cross-step waltz that was
taught last time). At 9:30pm, we will take a break from the dance to teach
the cross-step waltz mixer, which is a progressive dance (meaning you pass
on to a new partner every few measures in a repeating pattern -- here's a
video <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ3OqTvtqWQ>). Don't worry if you
didn't attend the previous cross-step waltz classes; we will get everyone
up to speed!

Please share the Facebook event
<https://www.facebook.com/events/830792283795079/> with anyone who may be
interested!

If there's any particular music (or type of music) you'd like to dance to,
feel free to send me an email with your request. Last time we had some
requests for non-waltz music towards the end of the night, so I'm happy to
mix in some other styles of dance if there is interest.

Hope to dance with you soon!

Sara