[TCCM] Upcoming Thomistic Institute Seminar

Raul E Hernandez rhern at mit.edu
Mon Feb 5 10:22:19 EST 2024

Hello everyone!

Fr. Irenaeus Dunlevy, O.P., from the Thomistic Institute<https://thomisticinstitute.org/> (TI) will be in town tomorrow, February 6. The Thomistic Institute is the same organization which has brought many of the lectures we have had in the TCC  to MIT! He has offered to lead a seminar for the MIT TI chapter that will go over the first question presented by St. Thomas Aquinas in the Summa Theologica, where he discusses the nature of Sacred Doctrine. The seminar will be titled Aquinas on the Nature of Sacred Doctrine: ST Ia q.1 If you are curious about St. Thomas Aquinas's approach to sacred doctrine, or you are curious about the Catholic faith from a rigorous, Thomistic perspective, this seminar is for you!

If you would like to attend, this seminar will be taking place at 5 PM on Tuesday, February 6 here at the MIT campus. To attend, you must register as a Thomistic Institute Student member. You can register for this here<https://thomisticinstitute.org/membership-application>. There is a one-time fee of $5 to become a member; once you do become a member, you gain access to more Thomistic Institute events, such as reading groups, more seminars, etc. If this fee presents a financial burden for you but you would still like to attend the seminar or be more involved with the Thomistic Institute at MIT, please email me at rhern at mit.edu<mailto:rhern at mit.edu>.

Once you register as a member, please fill out this<https://forms.gle/BrCWZv9NYzWDPDWy9> brief RSVP form for the seminar. Once you do so, we will reach out to you with further details about the event.

Thank you! I hope to see you at the seminar!

God bless,

Raul Hernandez