[TCCM] TI Talk: Sloth, Leisure, & Love

Raul E Hernandez rhern at mit.edu
Mon Mar 13 13:20:05 EDT 2023

Hello, everyone!

I wanted to quickly extend another invitation to you to attend our Thomistic Institute Talk this Thursday, March 16 at 7:30 PM in room 32-155. We'll be serving refreshments before the lecture.

Title:
Sloth, Leisure, and Love: How to Live Well EVEN at University

Speaker:
Dr. R.J. Snell from the Witherspoon Institute in Princeton, NJ

Abstract:
We're obsessed with racking up credentials and awards, fearful we'll fall behind. It turns out we're not majoring in physics or sociology so much as majoring in fear, terrified that we might fail at school and at life. So, we're busy and very, very, anxious. It turns out, though, this is actually a form of sloth (acedia), but genuine education starts with leisure and ends in love.

You won't want to miss this! If you are interested in attending, please fill out this<https://thomisticinstitute.org/upcoming-events/wasting-time-well-7ewhm> incredibly brief RSVP form. We hope to see you there!

God bless,

Raul Hernandez