[TCCM] Fwd: "Genesis of Gender: Abigail Favale" Lecture on Monday, March 7th 4:00PM at Harvard College

Kevin Greenman kpg at mit.edu
Thu Mar 3 21:13:59 EST 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Abigail Adams Info <info at abigailadamsinstitute.org>
Date: Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 4:27 PM
Subject: "Genesis of Gender: Abigail Favale" Lecture on Monday, March 7th
4:00PM at Harvard College
To: <catholic at mit.edu>, <tcc at mit.edu>

Hello!

My name is Gabby Landry and I am a junior at Harvard College and a Student
Fellow at the Abigail Adams Institute
<https://www.abigailadamsinstitute.org/>. AAI is an independent scholarly
institute dedicated to providing supplementary humanistic education to the
Harvard, Cambridge, and Greater Boston intellectual community.

I’m writing to let you know about a lecture coming up on Monday, March 7 at
4:00PM at Harvard College in Emerson Hall 210
<https://www.abigailadamsinstitute.org/genesis-of-gender-lecture-rsvp>. Dr.
Abigail Favale will be discussing her forthcoming book, The Genesis of
Gender. Again, here is the link to RSVP
<https://www.abigailadamsinstitute.org/genesis-of-gender-lecture-rsvp>.

Would you be willing to forward this email along to MIT Catholic community
members? Please see the information below for more details about the
lecture, and feel free to email me with any questions.

Thank you!

All the best,

Gabby Landry

*|MC_PREVIEW_TEXT|*
<http://www.abigailadamsinstitute.org/>
<https://www.abigailadamsinstitute.org/genesis-of-gender-lecture-rsvp>

*The Genesis of Gender: A Christian Theory*
*March 7th, 2022 4:00 PM Harvard College Emerson 210*

The question of *gender*—who we are as men and women—has never been more
pressing, or more misunderstood.

Weaving personal experience with expert knowledge, Dr. Abigail Favale will
lecture on *the gender paradigm*: a framework for understanding reality and
identity that has recently risen to prominence. She traces the genealogy of
gender to its origins in feminism and postmodern thought, describing how
gender has come to eclipse sex, and how that shift is reshaping language,
law, medicine, sexuality, and our own self-perceptions.

This lecture is open to the entire AAI community. There will also be a
lunch with Dr. Favale on Monday, March 7th, with attendance priority given
to students, please indicate your interest on the RSVP form!
RSVP TO ATTEND THE LECTURE
<https://www.abigailadamsinstitute.org/genesis-of-gender-lecture-rsvp>
*Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates and more events!*
<https://www.facebook.com/AAICambridge/>
<https://twitter.com/AAICambridge>
<https://www.instagram.com/aaicambridge/>
*Copyright © 2022 Abigail Adams Institute, All rights reserved.*

*Our mailing address is:*
14 Arrow Street Suite G10
Cambridge, MA 02138

*Kevin P. Greenman*
Ph.D. Candidate, Chemical Engineering and Computation
Gómez-Bombarelli <http://gomezbombarelli.mit.edu/> and Green
<https://greengroup.mit.edu/> Groups
Massachusetts Institute of Technology