[TCCM] Reminder: Heart of Perfection Talk next Saturday May 29

Carene T Umubyeyi cumubyey at mit.edu
Wed May 19 22:26:18 EDT 2021

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to send a reminder that we have an upcoming talk on Saturday May 29th from 12 PM-2 PM Eastern Time titled Overcoming Perfectionism with the Help of the Saints.

Speaker:
Colleen Carroll Campbell is an award-winning author, print and broadcast journalist, and former presidential speechwriter. Her talk will primarily be based on her book The Heart of Perfection.

About:
Spiritual perfectionism—an obsession with flawlessness rooted in the belief that we can earn God’s love—is dangerous because so many of us mistake it for virtue. Its cycle of pride, sin, shame, blame, and despair distorts our vision, dulls our faith, and leads us to view others through the same hypercritical lens we think God is using to view us. Colleen Campbell will be sharing insights from her book Heart of Perfection on how we can learn from the Saints to overcome spiritual perfectionism and walk in the freedom of God’s unconditional love.

The Zoom meeting ID and password to attend the talk can be found on the flyer below. Please note, this talk will not be recorded, so please attend the live talk if you’re able to!

Hope to see many of you there!

In Christ,
Carene

[cid:image003.png at 01D74CFD.FC952A70]

Carene Umubyeyi
Massachusetts Institute of Technology | Class of 2022
cumubyey at mit.edu<mailto:cumubyey at mit.edu>