[TCCM] Last Reminder: TCC Lecture on Human Suffering

Carene T Umubyeyi cumubyey at mit.edu
Fri Mar 19 15:59:24 EDT 2021

Hi everyone,

This is a final reminder to sign up for the TCC Lenten Lecture on Human Suffering scheduled tomorrow (March 20th) at 11 AM EDT titled “Human Suffering: Punishment from God, a Random Act, Neither, or Both?”.

About:
We all know good people who have suffered terrible loss or insurmountable pain.  Whether this suffering may have come from the hands of others or from embedded injustice, it usually leads to our asking where God is in the midst of this existential mayhem. Fr. Michael Patella, a Benedictine monk from Saint John’s Abbey in Collegeville, Minnesota, will probe this question by examining Scripture with an eye for the connection between human suffering and Christ’s redemptive sacrifice.

Presenter:
Fr. Michael Patella, OBS, DSS is a Benedictine monk and professor of New Testament at Saint John’s University in Minnesota.

To sign up, please fill out this google form<https://forms.gle/eQnr3CG5yUmfLKUF7> as soon as possible to receive the zoom link. If you have already signed up, I will be sending you an email with the zoom info shortly. All are welcome!

In Christ,

Carene Umubyeyi
TCC Publicity Chair
https://tcc.mit.edu/