[TCCM] FW: Professor Paul Lagacé (1957-2021)

Michael Medas mmedas at mit.edu
Tue Jul 20 15:22:55 EDT 2021

Dear members of the Tech Catholic Community,

It is with a heavy heart that I share with you the news of the death of Professor Paul Lagacé (aeronautics & astronautics).  The below message from President Reif offers a glimpse into Professor Lagacé‘s life at MIT.  We are all grateful.

In addition, as many of you know, Professor Lagacé served the Tech Catholic Community.  He was a long time TCC Advisory Board member, including service as co-chair.  With that in mind, to the sadness of this moment we bring the consolation of our Catholic Faith knowing – as our funeral prayer reminds us - “that all the ties of love and affection that knit us together in this life do not unravel in death.”  That is the saving love of Jesus Christ for us all.  May that love and the promise of Christ’s resurrection bring hope and comfort to the entire MIT community at this time, but in a particular way to Professor Lagacé’s family.

We will keep Professor Lagacé in special prayer at our TCC Mass this Sunday.

Peace,

[signature_7795115]
Reverend Michael B. Medas, MSW
Catholic Chaplain