[TCCM] Invitation to Dialogue

Mariana Avila avilam at mit.edu
Sun Jun 7 23:06:15 EDT 2020

Dear TCC community,

My heart goes out to all who are suffering during this time, especially all our black and African American brothers and sisters, and I know there are many complexities to the situation and many who feel unheard. The TCC council would like you all to know that you are always in our prayers and each member’s voice matters. To foster charity, solidarity, and understanding in our community, we have decided to hold an open discussion this week on Tuesday, June 9th from 5:30-7pm EST. The meeting information is below, and everyone is welcome! Also, if you will not be able to make it to the meeting and/or would like to have a discussion with Fr. Moloney about his views and recent message, you can schedule a meeting with him here: https://calendly.com/fatherdanmoloney.

As a Catholic community, our mission is to promote the message of Jesus Christ, and we desire peace and unity in our community. The council welcomes and encourages dialogue to foster unity. It is important to listen to one another to better understand all points of view. Feel free to reach out to any of us at any time to voice your thoughts and concerns, and we will do what we can to support each of you. We also want to share this statement from Archbishop Gomez, the president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), which recently came out in response to George Floyd’s death and its aftermath: http://www.usccb.org/news/2020/20-84.cfm. Pope Francis called Archbishop Gomez to thank him for his statement. Let us all continue to pray for peace and solidarity in our country!

Sincerely,

Mariana Avila
TCC President

Mariana Avila is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: TCC Discussion
Time: Jun 9, 2020 05:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://mit.zoom.us/j/98298171919?pwd=N2Vna3pqN0Y5Qm9ibEF2cFZjQkE4dz09

Password: 131647

One tap mobile
+16465588656,,98298171919# US (New York)
+16699006833,,98298171919# US (San Jose)

Meeting ID: 982 9817 1919
Password: 131647

US : +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833

International Numbers: https://mit.zoom.us/u/aei62nbUOF