[TCCM] Upcoming TCC Discussion on Issues of Racial Injustice

Keith G Mokry kgmokes at mit.edu
Fri Jul 24 16:02:37 EDT 2020

Hello everyone,
We will be having our next Tech Catholic Community discussion group on issues of racial injustice this Tuesday July 28th at 6PM. We will be reading two articles from the Pew Research Group that were cited in the USCCB document "Open Wide Our Hearts", and one more article on systemic racial bias in the criminal justice system. Here are the links to the articles:
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/11/01/how-wealth-inequality-has-changed-in-the-u-s-since-the-great-recession-by-race-ethnicity-and-income/
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/05/06/black-imprisonment-rate-in-the-u-s-has-fallen-by-a-third-since-2006/
https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2020/06/65585/
I will send out a zoom invitation closer to the meeting, and I hope to see you all there.

Regards,
Keith Mokry
TCC Education Chair