[TCCM] [TCC] Bulletin March 24, 2019

Kevin Limanta klimanta at mit.edu
Sun Mar 31 11:57:04 EDT 2019

Hey friends!

I forgot to send this out last week but this is the bulletin for week ending in March 24, 2019.
http://web.mit.edu/tcc/archives/public/bulletin/2019/bulletin.2019-3-24.pdf

Weekly ongoing events:

  *   RCIA: Course in the Fundamentals of the Catholic Faith
  *   Melchizedek - group for men interested in learning more about priestly vocation
  *   Women's discernment group
  *   Spaghetti Suppers
  *   Join the Choir!
  *   Do BBMSK!
  *   “What do I live for?”
  *   TCC Grad Student Dinner - Wednesdays at 7:15PM on first floor of Student Center
  *   Integrity at MIT: Men’s Chastity Group

Debate: Technology Should Treat Death as an Enemy: Come see billionaire entrepreneur Peter Thiel and Stanford neurology professor William Hurlbut debate transhumanism and the ethical limits of technology. Friday, April 12th (during CPW) Reception begins at 5:00PM, Debate at 6. Sheraton Commander Hotel (George Washington Ballroom)16 Garden Street, Cambridge MA 02138. Open to graduate students and undergrads. Register at: https://goo.gl/WhLx3h

Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) and Course in the Fundamentals of the Catholic Faith: Fr. Moloney is offering a class in the fundamentals of the Catholic faith on Sundays from 2:45-3:45 PM in the Small Dining Room of W11. For more info contact Fr. Moloney dmoloney at mit.edu.

Melchizedek Group for Priestly Vocations: Fr. Moloney will lead a discussion group about the nature of the priestly vocation and how to discern if God is calling you to the “order of Melchizedek” (Heb. 5:6, 7:17) using the book To Save a Thousand Souls. We meet on Mondays 5-6PM. Our Spring 2019 meetings begin tomorrow, February 25. To attend doesn’t mean that you are thinking about entering the seminary, or even that you’re not dating. It can simply mean that you’re interested in supporting others think about the priesthood.  If interested, contact Kyle James (kbcj2711 at mit.edu). Books are available from Father’s office in W11.

Women's Discernment Group for Religious Life: Tuesdays at 6PM. Do you think God might be calling you to religious life? Do you want to know more about the nature of religious life and the call to it? Father Moloney will be leading discussion centered on religious life and how to discern if God is calling us. If interested, contact Mariah Mullen mmullen at mit.edu. Copies of the book Discerning Religious Life are available in the office in W11-012

Spaghetti Suppers: Join the TCC every Friday night from 7-9 PM in the W11 Community Room for a free spaghetti supper! This is a time for food, fellowship, and fun.

Want to join the Choir? For details, visit bit.ly/mit-tcc-choir or email Piotr Suwara (suwara at mit.edu)

BBMSK (Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen):  We serve homeless communities in Back Bay and Cambridge giving out socks, sandwiches, and a friendly presence to folks we come across on the street. When? 6:00 PM on Tuesdays at W11 or 6:00 PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays in front of St. Clement's Shrine.  For more info, visit bbmsk.org

“What do I live for?”: Reflect on our daily experience and on our values/needs. Italian food will be provided! Tuesdays from 7pm to 8pm @ the Student Center, Private Dining Room #3. For more info: Elisa: elisap at mit.edu

TCC Grad Student Dinner: Meet Wednesdays at 7:15 PM on the first floor of the Student Center (outside Anna’s Taqueria). Feel free to bring your own meal, or get something from the food court, and share in conversation and fellowship! For any questions, please contact Brandon Roach (roachb at mit.edu, cell 734-787-8727).

Integrity at MIT: Contact integrity at mit.edu for more information and times of weekly meetings.

FIAT: A group for single women interested in learning more about a vocation to religious life in the Catholic Church, Next meeting on March 27, 2019 at 7:00 PM at the Little Sisters of the Poor, 186 Highland Ave, Somerville, MA.  Topic: “Personal Vocation.”  For more infor, contact S. Marian Batho, CSJ at marian.batho at csjboston.org or 617-746-2025. Check out the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/FiatForDiscerningWomen<http://www.facebook.com/FiatForDiscerningWomen> . If you plan to attend, please rsvp smassistant at littlesistersofthepoor.org.

In Christ, King of the Universe,
Kevin Limanta
tcc-webmaster at mit.edu