[TCCM] TCC Bulletin 1/27 and 1/20

Kevin Limanta klimanta at mit.edu
Wed Jan 30 19:01:31 EST 2019

Hey friends!

Sorry for the delay but the World Youth Day group is finally back so here is the bulletin for week ending in January 27, 2019. http://web.mit.edu/tcc/archives/public/bulletin/2019/bulletin.2019-1-27.pdf

The main contents are:

  *   Weekday Masses will resume on February 4
  *   TCC Winter Retreat on February 15-17
  *   IAP Bible Studies
  *   Meals during IAP
  *   “What do I live for?”: Resumes on February 5

Weekly ongoing events:

  *   Join the Choir!
  *   Do BBMSK!
  *   Men’s Chastity Group
  *   FIAT - group for single women interested in learning more about a vocation to religious life

In addition, the previous week's bulletin (Jan-20) is also attached to this email.

Winter Weather Closings: Whenever MIT closes, or whenever the roads are unsafe for Fr. Moloney to make it into campus, it is likely that Mass or other activities will be cancelled. To receive notice that Mass is cancelled, it is important that everyone subscribe to TCCM at mit.edu, our main mailing list. To add yourself to the list go to:  http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/tccm.

Weekday Masses will resume on February 4.

Worried about Meals during IAP? Weekly Meals during IAP will be served, free of charge, in the W11 Main Dining Room on Mondays from 5-6pm. Sponsored by ORSEL & Student Support and Wellbeing, with MIT Origins Club, whose members will prepare and serve the food.

TCC Winter Retreat: February 15-17, 2019. TCC is planning the Winter Retreat at the Betania II Spiritual Life & Marian Center in Medway, MA. Bus transfer to and from the retreat center, lodging, and food at the retreat center are free. The bus departs MIT W11 on Friday, February 15 at 7 PM. We will leave from the Betania II on Sunday, February 17 at 11 AM. Space is limited! Please sign up in the back of the Chapel or email catholic at mit.edu.

Undergraduate Bible Studies over IAP on Monday 1/28 and Tuesday 1/29 from 7-8 pm.
- Women will meet in the first floor meeting room of the Student Center.
- Men will meet in the basement meeting room of the Student Center.
Questions? Please contact Lisa Driscoll at lisa.driscoll at focus.org.

IAP Grad Women’s Bible Study: 6.30 PM Wednesdays. For more details contact Grace Noel or Aileen Devlin (ghnoel at mit.edu or amdevlin at mit.edu).

Grad Men’s Bible Study:  please contact Brandon Roach at roachb at mit.edu.

Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament over IAP will follow Bible studies from 8:30-9:30 PM Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday in the MIT chapel.

Want to join the Choir? For details, visit bit.ly/mit-tcc-choir or email Piotr Suwara (suwara at mit.edu)

BBMSK (Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen):  We serve homeless communities in Back Bay and Cambridge giving out socks, sandwiches, and a friendly presence to folks we come across on the street. When? 6:00 PM on Tuesdays at W11 or 6:00 PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays in front of St. Clement's Shrine.  For more info, visit bbmsk.org

“What do I live for?”: Resumes on February 5!  Reflect on our daily experience and on our values/needs. Italian food will be provided! Tuesdays from 7pm to 8pm @ the Student Center, Private Dining Room #3. For more info: Elisa: elisap at mit.edu

Integrity at MIT: Contact integrity at mit.edu for more information and times of weekly meetings.

Evening of Prayer:  “Surrender to the Seasons” - Sunday, January 27 from 4:00 - 5:30 PM,  at the Sisters’ of St. Joseph Chapel, 637 Cambridge Street, Brighton, MA.  Presenters Joan Duffy, CSJ and Kathleen Short, CSJ will give attention to the deep connection between the seasons of nature and those of the human heart.  Each season has its own spiritual gifts but together we will reflect on the invitation of winter to embrace Sabbath Time.   Register at: spiritual.ministries at csjboston.org or call 781-227-4730.  Please mention the that you are from MIT.

FIAT: A group for single women interested in learning more about a vocation to religious life in the Catholic Church, cordially invites you to the next meeting on February 6, 2019 at 7:00 PM. at the Sisters of St. Joseph Motherhouse, 637 Cambridge Street, Brighton, MA.  The topic will be “Spiritual Direction.” For more information, contact Sr. Marian Batho, CSJ at marian.batho at csjboston.org or 617-746-2025. Check out the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/FiatForDiscerningWomen

Check future bulletins for the starting times for:
-Melchizedek Group for Priestly Vocations          -Grad Student Group Diner / Adoration
-Women’s Discernment Group for Religious Life        -RCIA

In Christ,
Kevin Limanta
TCC Webmaster
tcc-webmaster at mit.edu