[TCCM] TCC Bulletin 25 August 2019

Kevin Limanta klimanta at mit.edu
Mon Aug 26 19:03:48 EDT 2019

Hey friends!

Here is the bulletin for week starting on Sunday, August 25, 2019. Welcome to all who are new to the TCC, and welcome back to all who are returning for the new school year.

Bulletin link: http://web.mit.edu/tcc/archives/public/bulletin/2019/bulletin.2019-6-9.pdf

This week's main contents are:

  *   Register for TCC: Be sure to register for the TCC, so that you can be on the email lists and find out about opportunities to volunteer and grow in your faith. It takes less than a minute:   http://tcc.mit.edu/about-us/contact-us
  *   During Orientation Week: Mass, Morning Prayer, Adoration. Additionally, there is Capture the Flag, Lunch on Thursday, Spaghetti Supper on Friday, and The Scoop about being Catholic @ MIT.
  *   ​Welcome Back BBQ this coming Sunday (9/1)
  *   St. Monica Society
  *   Extraordinary Minister/Lector Training
  *   Grad Student / young professional Bible studies
  *   Small group Bible Studies for undergrads and grad students
  *   Six Flags Trip

Weekly ongoing events:

  *   RCIA
  *   Join the Choir!​

==​========================================================

TCC welcomes all new and returning students and their families.
         Following our Welcome Masses in the MIT Chapel, please join us for our receptions
- following 9:30 AM Mass in W11/Main Dining Room
- following 1 PM and 5 PM Masses in W11/ Community Room

During Orientation Week in the MIT Chapel:
         -Morning Prayer: Mon 8/26 to Sat 8/31 @ 9am
          -Daily Masses: Mon, Tue, Wed and Fri @ 12 noon
          -Daily Mass, Adoration & Confession:   Thu @ 7:30pm

More Orientation Week Events:
• Lawn Game “Capture the Flag”: Thu. 8/27 – 7:30 PM / Kresge Lawn. Join the Tech Catholic Community for a riveting game of Capture the Flag! Come run around and hang out with great people! Meet on the lawn between Kresge Auditorium and the Z Center.
• Lunch: Thu 8/29 @ 12 noon
• Spaghetti Supper:  Fri. 8/30 – 6  PM / W11 Community Room. Come to hang out with Catholic students and eat some delicious spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, and desserts. We'll have board games and card games, and students will be available to talk about the intersection of faith and MIT. Join in our weekly community time for food, fellowship, and fun!
• The Scoop about being Catholic @ MIT: Saturday 8/31, 2-4 PM W11 /Main Dining Room. Your opportunity to ask a panel of upperclassmen how they’ve been able to grow in their Catholic faith at MIT. Enjoy ice cream sundaes and learn how students balance their schoolwork and spiritual life.

Welcome/Welcome Back BBQ: 9/1 – 2 PM / Kresge BBQ pits. Join us following the 1 PM Mass for our BBQ. Lots of food and good people.

Announcing the St. Monica Society to pray for family members who are not close to the faith. First meeting this Friday (8/27). Contact tcc-pc at mit.edu for details.

Extraordinary Minister / Lector Training: If you would like to serve in our liturgical ministries (extraordinary minister of Holy Communion, lector, etc.) please contact Bernadine Kensinger at bkensinger50 at gmail.com and come to a training session at 3 pm on Sunday, Sept. 8.

Are you a Graduate Student or Young Professional interested in deepening your understanding of Scripture? The grad men's and women's groups will be holding weekly joint Bible studies over the summer. Contact  Aileen Devlin (amdevlin at mit.edu) or Brandon Roach (roachb at mit.edu) or for more info.

Small Group Bible Studies: Graduate and undergraduate students are invited to join one of the many groups that meet to open the Scriptures and discuss the faith. Contact.. catherine.alex at focus.org or phillip.wullschleger at focus.org

Save the Date ….
Trip to Six Flags New England: Saturday, Sept. 21. We will leave at 10:30 AM and will be back home at around 9 PM. Tickets and bus transportation are free.

Register for TCC: Be sure to register for the TCC, so that you can be on the email lists and find out about opportunities to volunteer and grow in your faith. It takes less than a minute:   http://tcc.mit.edu/about-us/contact-us

For those interested in becoming Catholic, being Baptized, receiving First Communion, or being Confirmed, come to a meeting on Sunday, September 22, at 3 PM in the Small Dining Room of W11. We will discuss the process of receiving these sacraments and coordinate future meetings. Bring a sponsor or friend if you’d like. Please reach out to Fr. Moloney to set up a time to talk individually (dmoloney at mit.edu<mailto:dmoloney at mit.edu>).

Want to join the Choir? We are looking for new singers and instrumentalists (in particular, we are looking for pianists/organists!) for the TCC Choir. For details email Piotr Suwara (suwara at mit.edu<mailto:suwara at mit.edu>).​

In Christ, through Mary, the Queen of Heaven,
Kevin Limanta
tcc-webmaster at mit.edu