[TCCM] St. Monica Society

Michael Teodros mteodros at mit.edu
Thu Aug 15 11:26:29 EDT 2019

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

We hope you are having a wonderful summer and growing closer to Our Lord! We invite you to join our St. Monica society; a group that prays together for our family members to the end that they, wherever they are, would grow closer to Christ; inspired by the example of St. Monica who prayed so persistently for her son, St. Augustine, and by her prayers won his conversion as well as that of her husband Patricius. Sophia has put together a Google Doc where we will write down the list of family members to pray for here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HOK3Vgsfqj2YRUVbXih59k5qR6gqBI08wzkW3mWDt70/edit?usp=sharing Please feel free to add your own family members to the list!

We are planning to offer all these intentions on St. Monica's feast day (the 27th of August) and pray a Rosary on that day; we also found this novena to St. Monica starting on the 18th (that's this Sunday) which we'd like to do: https://catholicnovenaapp.com/novenas/st-monica-novena/?fbclid=IwAR3uQXlJsP74mmdxIufJ8hdplh-9dI4M7waVHc3YpgF5JQDTSH1ELDCPmYI#<https://catholicnovenaapp.com/novenas/st-monica-novena/?fbclid=IwAR3uQXlJsP74mmdxIufJ8hdplh-9dI4M7waVHc3YpgF5JQDTSH1ELDCPmYI> Throughout the year we will each continue to pray for everyone on the list.

On St. Augustine's feast day (the 28th of August) of the following year, we can reflect on the list and give thanks to God for the changes He has worked in these people's hearts.

In Christ,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Prayer Chairs, Sophia and Mike