[TCCM] Bulletin

Michael Teodros mteodros at mit.edu
Mon Sep 24 00:50:39 EDT 2018

Hey friends!

Here is the bulletin!<file:///C:/Users/bulle/Documents/TCC/Bulletins/bulletin.2018-09-23.pdf> (Two days late, I apologize ☹)

These are the contents of the bulletin:

·        Tech Catholic Talk about politics on Monday the 24th

·        Grad Student Dinner followed by Adoration on Wednesday the 26th

·        RCIA classes starting in early October

·        Meeting for those interested in becoming Catholic, being Baptized, receiving First Communion, or being Confirmed on Sunday the 30th

·        Info about Bible Studies, Spaghetti Supper, Choir, BBMSK

More details below:

Tech Catholic Talk: Join us for the first Tech Catholic Talk of the academic year! On Monday, September 24th at 8:15pm in the W11 Main Dining Room, we will be furthering the discussion on St. Augustine's City of God and politics through a Catholic lens that began at last Tuesday's TI talk. There will be free pizza.

Grad Student Group dinner followed by Adoration: Wednesday 9/26 at 7:15pm. Meet just inside the doors of the Student Center at 7:15, walk to one of the nearby food places, get dinner, and return to Dining Room #3 (W20-303) in the Student center to eat (if you want to bring your own dinner, feel free to join us there around 7:30). At 8:10ish we will head over to the chapel to hang out with Jesus at adoration (confession is also available). Feel free to join us for either just dinner or just adoration. If you can’t find us, call Aileen at 925-852-1882.

Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) and Course in the Fundamentals of the Catholic Faith: Fr.
Moloney will be offering a class in the fundamentals of the Catholic faith that will cover everything from the
Trinity to Church history to the Sacraments, prayer, and the moral life. It is meant to be both a high-level
introduction to the faith appropriate for interested non-Catholics, and a serious review of the faith for those who
are Catholics. It is required for those who want to enter the Church. Classes will start in early October and run
for the rest of the year.

For those interested in becoming Catholic, being Baptized, receiving First Communion, or
being Confirmed, come to a meeting on Sunday, September 30, at 2:45 PM in the Small Dining Room of W11.
We will discuss the process of receiving these sacraments and coordinate future meetings. Bring a sponsor or
friend if you’d like. Please reach out to Fr. Moloney to set up a time to talk individually (dmoloney at mit.edu<mailto:dmoloney at mit.edu>).

Register for TCC: Be sure to register for the TCC, so that you can be on the email lists and find out
about opportunities to volunteer and grow in your faith. It takes less than a
minute: tcc.mit.edu/www/register.html.

Interested in joining an undergraduate Bible study? Contact lisa.driscoll at focus.org<mailto:lisa.driscoll at focus.org> for women and
gregory.giangiordano at focus.org<mailto:gregory.giangiordano at focus.org> for men to get connected to the right study for you!
Interested in joining a graduate Bible study? Contact Brandon Roach at roachb at mit.edu<mailto:roachb at mit.edu> for men
and Charlotte Ong at cxyong at mit.edu<mailto:cxyong at mit.edu> for women!

Spaghetti Suppers: Join the TCC every Friday night from 7-9 PM in the W11 Community Room for a
free spaghetti supper! This is a time for food, fellowship, and fun.

Want to join the Choir? We are looking for new singers and instrumentalists (in particular, we are
looking for pianists/organists!) for the TCC Choir. Just come to one of the rehearsals on Sundays:
8:30am for the 9:30am Mass, 11:30am for the 1pm Mass (and Tue 7-8:30pm), 4pm for the 5pm Mass. For
details, visit bit.ly/mit-tcc-choir or email Piotr Suwara (suwara at mit.edu<mailto:suwara at mit.edu>).

BBMSK (Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen): We serve homeless communities in Back Bay and
Cambridge giving out socks, sandwiches, and a friendly presence to folks we come across on the street.
When? 6:00 PM on Tuesdays at W11 or 6:00 PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays in front of St.
Clement's Shrine. For more info, visit bbmsk.org or email James Rowe (jcrowe at mit.edu<mailto:jcrowe at mit.edu>).

Happy Twenty-Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time!
-Mike