[TCCM] Bulletin...

Michael Teodros mteodros at mit.edu
Sun Oct 28 22:37:10 EDT 2018

Hey friends!

Here is the bulletin!<http://web.mit.edu/tcc/archives/public/bulletin/2018/bulletin.2018-10-28.pdf> (late again, I apologize...)

These are the contents of the bulletin:

·        Tech Catholic Talk about human vs animal intelligence on the 29th

·        All Saints Day Masses (10/31 @ 7:30, 11/1 @ 10:05, 11/1 @ 5:15)

·        All Saints Day Party on the 1st of November

·        World Youth Day (apply now!)

·        RCIA classes on Sundays

·        Women's Discernment Group for Religious Life on Wednesdays

·        Melchizedek Group for Priestly Vocations on Mondays

·        Guided discussions on "what do I live for?" on Tuesdays

·        Info about Grad Student Dinners, Bible Studies, Spaghetti Supper, Choir, BBMSK, Taize prayer

More details below:

Tech Catholic Talk: Do you ever wonder just how smart your favorite pet is? Join us for free pizza and a follow-
up discussion on our Thomistic Institute Talk from last Thursday and what sets human intelligence apart from
animal intelligence on Monday Oct. 29 at 8:15 PM in the W11 Main Dining Room.

All Saints Day Masses:
-              Wednesday, 10/31 @ 7:30 PM
-              Thursday, 11/1 @ 12:05 PM and 5:15 PM

All Saints Day Party: Celebrate the saints with TCC! Eat free food, hang out, and learn weird saint trivia. Feel free to dress up as your favorite saint!!  Nov. 1 at 6:15 PM (following Mass) in W20/West Lounge (201)

World Youth Day: Interested in attending World Youth Day with your peers? FOCUS and Fr. Moloney will be attending the youth gathering in Panamá this January!  The trip will be from 1/14 to 1/29 and the cost of the trip will be fundraised. There are a couple of spots left, apply at apply.focusmissions.org! Contact rachel.zuroski at focus.org for more information.

Melchizedek Group for Priestly Vocations / Women's Discernment Group for Religious Life:
Fr. Moloney will lead a reading and discussion group about the nature of the priestly vocation  / celibacy in
religious life, and how to discern if God is calling us.
-              Men:  Mondays 5-6PM. If interested, contact Kyle James (kbcj2711 at mit.edu). Books "To Save a Thousand Souls"  are available in the office in W11.
-              Women: Wednesday at 5 PM. If interested, contact Mariah Mullen (mmullen at mit.edu). Copies of
                       the book Discerning Religious Life are available in the office in W11-012

Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) and Course in the Fundamentals of the Catholic Faith: Fr. Moloney will be offering a class in the fundamentals of the Catholic faith on Sundays from 2:45-3:45 PM in the Small Dining Room of W11. The class will cover everything from the Trinity to Church history to the Sacraments, prayer, and the moral life. It is meant to be both a high-level introduction to the faith appropriate for interested non-Catholics, and a serious review of the faith for those who are Catholics. It is required for those in becoming Catholic, being Baptized, receiving First Communion, or being Confirmed (who should also reach out to Fr. Moloney to set up a time to talk individually (dmoloney at mit.edu<mailto:dmoloney at mit.edu>). Classes will start October 14 and run for the rest of the year.

"What do I live for?": Let's take time in our busy routine to discuss what really matters in our life. We'll be guided by
a few proposed readings that can help us to reflect on our daily experience and on our values/needs. Italian food will be provided! Tuesdays from 7pm to 8pm @ the Student Center, Private Dining Room #3
For more information contact Elisa: elisap at mit.edu<mailto:elisap at mit.edu>

Happy Sunday!
-Mike