[TCCM] Bulletin

Michael Teodros mteodros at mit.edu
Fri Oct 19 21:26:52 EDT 2018

Hey friends!

Here is the bulletin!<http://web.mit.edu/tcc/archives/public/bulletin/2018/bulletin.2018-10-21.pdf>

These are the contents of the bulletin:

·        TI talk about human vs animal intelligence on the 25th

·        RCIA classes on Sundays

·        Women's Discernment Group for Religious Life on Wednesdays

·        Melchizedek Group for Priestly Vocations on Mondays

·        Guided discussions on "what do I live for?" on Tuesdays

·        Info about Grad Student Dinners, Bible Studies, Spaghetti Supper, Choir, BBMSK, Taize prayer

More details below:

The Thomistic Institute @MIT is sponsoring the second talk in a two-part series this month, "The Distinctiveness of Human Intelligence: Part 2"
* Are Animals Intelligent? Thursday, October 25 at 6:30 in 3-270.  Prof. Marie George, St. John's University. Thursday, October 25 at 6:30 in 3-270. Register here: https://thomisticinstitute.org/events/can-animals-be-intelligent-1.

Melchizedek Group for Priestly Vocations: Fr. Moloney will lead a discussion group about the nature of the priestly vocation and how to discern if God is calling you to the "order of Melchizedek" (Heb. 5:6, 7:17) using the book To Save a Thousand Souls. We meet on Mondays 5-6PM. To attend doesn't mean that you are thinking about entering the seminary, or even that you're not dating. It can simply mean that you're interested in supporting others think about the priesthood.  If interested, contact Kyle James (kbcj2711 at mit.edu<mailto:kbcj2711 at mit.edu>). Books are available from Father's office in W11.

Women's Discernment Group for Religious Life: Fr. Moloney will lead a reading and discussion group about the
nature of the vocation to celibacy in religious life, and how to discern if God is calling us to be "like the angels in heaven" (Matthew 22:30). Meeting times Wednesday at 5 PM. To attend doesn't mean that you are thinking about entering the convent, or even that you're not dating. It can simply mean that you're interested in supporting others who are thinking about religious life. If interested, contact Mariah Mullen (mmullen at mit.edu<mailto:mmullen at mit.edu>). Copies of the book Discerning Religious
Life are available in the office in W11-012

Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) and Course in the Fundamentals of the Catholic Faith: Fr. Moloney will be offering a class in the fundamentals of the Catholic faith on Sundays from 2:45-3:45 PM in the Small Dining Room of W11. The class will cover everything from the Trinity to Church history to the Sacraments, prayer, and the moral life. It is meant to be both a high-level introduction to the faith appropriate for interested non-Catholics, and a serious review of the faith for those who are Catholics. It is required for those in becoming Catholic, being Baptized, receiving First Communion, or being Confirmed (who should also reach out to Fr. Moloney to set up a time to talk individually (dmoloney at mit.edu<mailto:dmoloney at mit.edu>). Classes will start October 14 and run for the rest of the year.

"What do I live for?": Let's take time in our busy routine to discuss what really matters in our life. We'll be guided by
a few proposed readings that can help us to reflect on our daily experience and on our values/needs. Italian food will be provided! Tuesdays from 7pm to 8pm @ the Student Center, Private Dining Room #3
For more information contact Elisa: elisap at mit.edu<mailto:elisap at mit.edu>

World Youth Day: Interested in attending World Youth Day with your peers? FOCUS and Fr. Moloney will be
attending the youth gathering in Panamá this January!  The trip will be from 1/14 to 1/29 and the cost of the trip will
be fundraised. Contact rachel.zuroski at focus.org<mailto:rachel.zuroski at focus.org> for more information.

Happy Friday!
-Mike