[TCCM] Bulletin

Michael Teodros mteodros at mit.edu
Fri Nov 16 21:33:36 EST 2018

Hey friends!

Here is the bulletin!<http://web.mit.edu/tcc/archives/public/bulletin/2018/bulletin.2018-11-18.pdf>

These are the contents of the bulletin:

·        Mass may be cancelled due to weather (pay attention to TCCM)

·        Tech Catholic Talk on Monday (the 19th)

·        Thanksgiving Dinner on the 22nd

·        SEEK conference in January

·        RCIA classes on Sundays

·        Women's Discernment Group for Religious Life on Wednesdays

·        Melchizedek Group for Priestly Vocations on Mondays

·        Guided discussions on "what do I live for?" on Tuesdays

·        Info about Grad Student Dinners, Bible Studies, Spaghetti Supper, Choir, BBMSK, Taize prayer, men's chastity group, Cambridge women's discernment

More details below:

Winter Weather Closings: Whenever MIT closes, or whenever the roads are unsafe for Fr. Moloney to make it into campus, it is likely that Mass or other activities will be cancelled. To receive notice that Mass is cancelled, it is important that everyone subscribe to TCCM at mit.edu, our main mailing list. To add yourself to the list go to: http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/tccm.

Tech Catholic Talk: Let's continue the discussion on the compatibility of Genesis with science! Join us for a follow-up discussion of last Friday's lecture on St. Augustine's Literal Meaning of Genesis. This takes place Monday, 11/19 in the W11 Main Dining Room at 8:15pm following the 7:30pm Mass. Pizza and drinks will be provided.

Thanksgiving Dinner: The TCC will be hosting a Thanksgiving dinner in New House (471 Memorial Drive) for those who cannot make it home. It will be in the Multipurpose Room from 1pm to 4pm (Nov. 22). For more information and to be let into the building, contact Kyle James at kbcj2711 at mit.edu or 617-893-9702.

SEEK is a 5 day Focus conference that will be happening from January 3-7 in Indianapolis this year. The theme of the conference is "What are you seeking?", and the conference is designed to facilitate a first encounter between a student and the Lord. A link to the site is www.SEEK2019.com<http://www.SEEK2019.com>.

Melchizedek Group for Priestly Vocations / Women's Discernment Group for Religious Life:
Fr. Moloney will lead a reading and discussion group about the nature of the priestly vocation  / celibacy in
religious life, and how to discern if God is calling us.
-              Men:  Mondays 5-6PM. If interested, contact Kyle James (kbcj2711 at mit.edu<mailto:kbcj2711 at mit.edu>). Books "To Save a Thousand Souls"  are available in the office in W11.
-              Women: Wednesday at 5 PM. If interested, contact Mariah Mullen (mmullen at mit.edu<mailto:mmullen at mit.edu>). Copies of
                       the book Discerning Religious Life are available in the office in W11-012

Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) and Course in the Fundamentals of the Catholic Faith: Fr. Moloney will be offering a class in the fundamentals of the Catholic faith on Sundays from 2:45-3:45 PM in the Small Dining Room of W11. The class will cover everything from the Trinity to Church history to the Sacraments, prayer, and the moral life. It is meant to be both a high-level introduction to the faith appropriate for interested non-Catholics, and a serious review of the faith for those who are Catholics. It is required for those in becoming Catholic, being Baptized, receiving First Communion, or being Confirmed (who should also reach out to Fr. Moloney to set up a time to talk individually (dmoloney at mit.edu<mailto:dmoloney at mit.edu>). Classes will start October 14 and run for the rest of the year.

"What do I live for?": Let's take time in our busy routine to discuss what really matters in our life. We'll be guided by
a few proposed readings that can help us to reflect on our daily experience and on our values/needs. Italian food will be provided! Tuesdays from 7pm to 8pm @ the Student Center, Private Dining Room #3
For more information contact Elisa: elisap at mit.edu<mailto:elisap at mit.edu>

Interested in joining a Bible Study?
- Undergraduate: Contact lisa.driscoll at focus.org<mailto:lisa.driscoll at focus.org> for women and gregory.giangiordano at focus.org<mailto:gregory.giangiordano at focus.org> for men to get connected to the right study for you!
- Graduate: Contact Brandon Roach at roachb at mit.edu<mailto:roachb at mit.edu> for men and Charlotte Ong at cxyong at mit.edu<mailto:cxyong at mit.edu> for women!
Spaghetti Suppers: Join the TCC every Friday night from 7-9 PM in the W11 Community Room for a free spaghetti supper! This is a time for food, fellowship, and fun. Want to join the Choir? For details, visit bit.ly/mit-tcc-choir or email Piotr Suwara (suwara at mit.edu<mailto:suwara at mit.edu>).

BBMSK (Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen): We serve homeless communities in Back Bay and Cambridge giving out socks, sandwiches, and a friendly presence to folks we come across on the street. For info, visit bbmsk.org or email James Rowe (jcrowe at mit.edu<mailto:jcrowe at mit.edu>).

Song & Stillness: Taizé @ MIT at 8 pm Sunday evenings in the MIT Chapel. Taizé prayer is a contemplative evening prayer service, including re

Integrity at MIT: A Catholic men's peer support group regarding pornography, chastity, and sexual addiction. Contact integrity at mit.edu<mailto:integrity at mit.edu> for more information.

Fiat: A discernment group for single women considering a vocation to religious life in the Catholic Church, invites you to their next meeting on November 28, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at the Sisters of St. Joseph Motherhouse, 637 Cambridge Street, Brighton, MA. The topic will be "Prayer". For more information, contact S. Marian Batho, CSJ at marian.batho at csjboston.org<mailto:marian.batho at csjboston.org> or 617-746-2025. Check out on Facebook www.facebook.com/FiatForDiscerningWomen<http://www.facebook.com/FiatForDiscerningWomen>.

Happy All Souls Day!
-Mike