[TCCM] TCC Bulletin (September 10, 2017)

Adam B Estes abestes at mit.edu
Fri Sep 8 17:46:54 EDT 2017

== TCC Bulletin (September 10, 2017) ==

In this bulletin:
(1) Thomistic Institute Talk
(2) Trip to Six Flags New England
(3) Spaghetti Suppers
(4) Register for TCC
(5) FOCUS Bible Study
(6) Fiat
(7) CRS Student Ambassador Training
(8) BBMSK (Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen)
(9) Want to join the Choir?
(10) Tolkien's Perilous Beauties: Philosophy and Aesthetic Danger

===(1) Thomistic Institute Talk ===
Sept. 15 at 5:30 PM in Building/Rm. 3-270. Our guest speaker is Prof. David O'Connor, faculty member in the departments of Philosophy and of Classics at the University of Notre Dame. Title: "Tolkien's Perilous Beauties: Philosophy and Aesthetic Danger". For more info: https://thomisticinstitute.org/events/on-jrr-tolkien-title-tbd

=== (2) Trip to Six Flags New England ===
Saturday, Sept. 30. We will leave at 10:30 AM and will be back home at around 9 PM. First come, first serve for seats on the bus. Tickets and bus transportation are free. Invite your friends! Sign up in the back of the Chapel or email >catholic at mit.edu<<mailto:catholic at mit.edu%3c>

=== (3) Spaghetti Suppers ===
Join the TCC every Friday night from 7-9 PM in the W11 Community Room for a free spaghetti supper! This is a time for food, fellowship, and fun. Not happening on 9/15, See Thomistic Institute Talk announcement.

=== (4) Register for TCC ===
Be sure to register for the TCC, so that you can be on the email lists and find out about opportunities to volunteer and grow in your faith. It takes less than a minute: tcc.mit.edu/www/register.html

=== (5) FOCUS Bible Study ===
Interested in forming deep friendships and getting to know the mind and heart of Jesus Christ through His Word? Sign up for a weekly Bible study! Contact the FOCUS missionaries at lisa.driscoll at focus.org<mailto:lisa.driscoll at focus.org> or 720-938-7692.

=== (6) Fiat ===
Fiat is a discernment group for single women considering a vocation to religious life in the Catholic Church. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 27 from 7:00 - 9:00 PM. at St. Clement Eucharistic Shrine, 1105 Boylston St., Boston. If interested please respond to Sister Marian Batho, CSJ, Delegate for Religious, Sr_Marian_Batho at rcab.org or call 617-746- 5637.

=== (7) CRS Student Ambassador Training ===
Regional training Saturday, September 23 at Boston College. Interested: Check out and sign-up at http://university.crs.org/students or call Danielle Corea 973-255-6502.

=== (8) BBMSK (Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen) ===
We serve homeless communities in Back Bay and Cambridge giving out socks, sandwiches, and a friendly presence to folks we come across on the street. When? 6:00 PM on Tuesdays at W11 or 6:00 PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays in front of St. Clement's Shrine. For more info, visit bbmsk.org!

=== (9) Want to join the Choir? ===
You're heartily invited to sing or play an instrument in the TCC Choir! We sing at the Sunday Masses at 9:30 AM (rehearsal 8 :30 AM), at 1 PM (rehearsal 11:30 AM before the Mass, and one during the week, time TBD) and at 5 PM (the Praise Band; rehearsal 4 PM). To join, just come to one of the rehearsals! For additional information, contact Piotr Suwara (suwara at mit.edu<mailto:suwara at mit.edu>). Singing belongs to one who loves. -- St. Augustine of Hippo

=== (10) Tolkien's Perilous Beauties: Philosophy and Aesthetic Danger ===
See the back of this week's bulletin<http://tcc.mit.edu/www/bulletin>!

May the peace and love of Christ be with you always!

The weekly bulletin can be found at http://tcc.mit.edu/www/bulletin