[TCCM] TCC Bulletin (October 22, 2017)

Adam B Estes abestes at mit.edu
Fri Oct 20 17:41:44 EDT 2017

== TCC Bulletin (October 22, 2017) ==

In this bulletin:
(1) Thomistic Institute Talk
(2) All Saints Day Masses
(3) All Saints Day Party
(4) Graduate Student Email
(5) Melchizedek Group for Priestly Vocations
(6) Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) and Course in the Fundamentals of the Catholic Faith
(7) FOCUS Bible Study
(8) Spaghetti Suppers
(9) BBMSK (Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen)
(10) Want to join the Choir?
(11) Our love of God in the life to come vs. our love in this life

=== (1) Thomistic Institute Talk ===
Oct. 26 at 6 PM in Building/Rm. 3-270. Our Guest speaker will be Prof. Joseph Capizzi from The Catholic University of America. Title: "The Moral Use of Money: Reflections on Profit, Business, and Prosperity".
Nov. 3 at 6 PM in Building/Rm. 3-270. Our Guest speaker will be Fr. Thomas Davenport, OP from the Stanford University. Title "Does Physics Leave Any Room for Free Will? Modern Science and Human Choice"

=== (2) All Saints Day Masses ===
Tuesday, 10/31 @ 5:15 PM
Wednesday, 11/1 @ 12:05 PM and 7:30 PM

=== (3) All Saints Day Party ===
Come party it up on All Saints Day with free food and good company! On Nov. 1st at 8:30 PM (following mass) in W11/Main Dining Room.

=== (4) Graduate Student Email List ===
Join the tcc-grads email list (go to MIT's WebMoria list manager) to hear about upcoming events for TCC graduate students.

=== (5) Melchizedek Group for Priestly Vocations ===
Fr. Moloney will lead a reading and discussion group about the nature of the priestly vocation and how to discern if God is calling us to the "ancient order of Melchizedek" (Heb. 5:6, 7:17).
Meeting times Mondays at 4pm in W20-450
To attend doesn't mean that you are thinking about entering the seminary, or even that you're not dating. It can simply mean that you're interested in supporting others think about the priesthood.
If interested, contact Ricardo J. Rodriguez Garcia (ricardor at mit.edu).
Books "To Save a Thousand Souls" are available in the office/W11

=== (6) Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) and Course in the Fundamentals of the Catholic Faith ===
Fr. Moloney will be offering a class in the fundamentals of the Catholic faith that will cover everything from the Trinity to Church history to the Sacraments, prayer, and the moral life. It is meant to be both a high-level introduction to the faith appropriate for interested non-Catholics, and a serious review of the faith for those who are Catholics. It is required for those who want to enter the Church. Classes will be held at 2:45pm on Sundays in W11/Small Dining Room. For more info contact (dmoloney at mit.edu<mailto:dmoloney at mit.edu>).

=== (7) FOCUS Bible Study ===
Interested in forming deep friendships and getting to know the mind and heart of Jesus Christ through His Word? Sign up for a weekly Bible study! Contact the FOCUS missionaries at lisa.driscoll at focus.org or 720-938-7692.

=== (8) Spaghetti Suppers ===
Join the TCC every Friday night from 7-9 PM in the W11 Community Room for a free spaghetti supper! This is a time for food, fellowship, and fun.

=== (9) BBMSK (Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen) ===
We serve homeless communities in Back Bay and Cambridge giving out socks, sandwiches, and a friendly presence to folks we come across on the street. When? 6:00 PM on Tuesdays at W11 or 6:00 PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays in front of St. Clement's Shrine. For more info, visit bbmsk.org!

=== (10) Want to join the Choir? ===
Contact Piotr Suwara (suwara at mit.edu<mailto:suwara at mit.edu>).

=== (11) Our love of God in the life to come vs. our love in this life ===
See the back of this week's bulletin<http://tcc.mit.edu/www/bulletin>!

May the peace and love of Christ be with you always!

The weekly bulletin can be found at http://tcc.mit.edu/www/bulletin