[TCCM] TCC Bulletin (January 29, 2017)

Elizabeth Vasquez evasquez at mit.edu
Fri Jan 27 22:29:09 EST 2017

*== TCC Bulletin (January 29, 2017) ==*

In this bulletin:

(1) Winter Weather Closings
(2) Morning Prayer in the Chapel
(3) Ask a Priest
(4) First Saturdays
(5) Weekday Masses will resume on February 6.
(6) TCC Winter Retreat
(7) Augustine Collective
(8) Spaghetti Suppers
(9) TCC Family Bulletin Board
(10) Living Group Rosary
(11) Bible Study
(12) Adoration
(13) BBMSK (the Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen)
(14) Taizé @ MIT
(15) Discernment Retreats led by Cardinal O’Malley:
(16) School of Community
(17) "WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE POOR IN SPIRIT? "

=== (1) Winter Weather Closings ===
Whenever MIT closes, or whenever the roads are unsafe for Fr. Moloney to
make it into campus, it is likely that Mass or other activities will be
cancelled. To receive notice that Mass is cancelled, it is important that
everyone subscribe to TCCM at mit.edu, our main mailing list. To add yourself

=== (2) Morning Prayer in the Chapel ===
During IAP Morning Prayer in the chapel at 9:30 AM Mon-Sat. We will be
using prayers that can be accessed through the app iBreviary (downloaded
for free on the app store). Please join if you are around and available!

=== (3) Ask a Priest ===
Wednesday, February 1, at 7:30 PM in the Student Center – Twenty Chimneys
(3rd floor). Father Moloney will be giving a talk and answering questions
on the book Silence by Shosuku Endo and the movie based on it. Dinner will
be served. Please join us!

=== (4) First Saturdays ===
Monthly devotion to the Virgin Mary every 1st Saturday – next February 4.
Meet at 10AM in W11 for the Rosary, then to the Pru for confession,
meditation, adoration and mass at 12:00 PM. A great opportunity to pray
with your fellow TCC members and get off campus! Contact: Mariah Mullen
(712-542-0781).

=== (5) Weekday Masses will resume on February 6 ===

=== (6) TCC Winter Retreat ===
Save the date - February 17-19, 2017. TCC is planning the Winter Retreat at
the Betania II Spiritual Life & Marian Center in Medway, MA. Space is
limited. Keep the weekend free and watch for more details.

===(7) Augustine Collective ===
Part of a national network of university journals called the Augustine
Collective, our goal is to serve the MIT community by writing about faith
and reason as it applies to all aspects of our lives. We want to invite you
to contribute to our next issue that will be released this spring. If you
would like to write an article or submit poetry/artwork, please send an
email with a ~5-10 sentence abstract to etspiritus at mit.edu by Tuesday,
February 7th. If you would not like to write an article for the upcoming
semester, but are still passionate about this vision, there are many other
ways to serve. We are always looking for people to contribute to editing,
layout/design, website management, and event planning. Email us at
etspiritus at mit.edu and let us know how you'd like to serve!

=== (8) Spaghetti Suppers ===
Join the TCC every Friday night from 7-9 pm in the W11 Community Room for a
free spaghetti supper! This is a time for food, fellowship, and fun.
Contact Sabrina Song at sabrina.song at focus.org with any questions. Will
resume with the new semester

=== (9) TCC Family Bulletin Board ===
Reminder that the tcc-family-bb at mit.edu listserv is up. If you have an MIT
family and are interested in a bulletin board for trading things with other
families, or if you are an MIT single person and interested in coordinating
ways to help out MIT families, please sign up at groups.mit.edu/webmoira,
list tccfamily-bb!

=== (10) Living Group Rosary ===
Pray in communion with peers on campus in the comfort of your living group,
Sun @ 9 PM
Contacts: Maseeh Hall: Emily Cimmino (203-451-1146 <(203)%20451-1146>) and
Daniel Vignon (650-963-6561 <(650)%20963-6561>) McCormick: Briana Chavez
(915-449-9352 <(915)%20449-9352>) and Elizabeth Vazquez (956-465-8870
<(956)%20465-8870>) East Campus: Mariah Mullen (712-542-0781
<(712)%20542-0781>)

=== (11) Bible Study ===
Do you want to make friends in the TCC in a smaller group setting? Do you
want to learn more about God and grow in your faith? Join a small group
Bible study! Email focusmishes at mit.edu for more information. No meetings
during IAP.

=== (12) Adoration ===
Mondays and Tuesdays 10-11 AM, Wednesdays 8-9 PM in the MIT Chapel. Resumes
with the new semester.

=== (13) BBMSK (the Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen) ===
We serve homeless communities in Back Bay and Cambridge giving out socks,
sandwiches, and a friendly presence to folks we come across on the street.
When? 6:00 PM on Tuesdays at W11 or 6:00 PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and
Sundays in front of St. Clement's Shrine. For more info, visit bbmsk.org!

=== (14) Taizé @ MIT ===
Ecumenical Prayer Sundays at 8 PM in the MIT Chapel. Come catch your breath
and calm your spirit at this simple evening prayer service. With music of
Taizé, this evening service includes short readings from Christian
scripture, candlelight, meditative singing, and time for silence. Grounded
in the contemplative Christian tradition, the service is open to all --
students, faculty, and community members.

=== (15) Discernment Retreats led by Cardinal O’Malle===
Men ages 18-35 years: Friday, 2/10 to Sunday, 2/12 at the Betania II
Spiritual Life & Marian Center in Medway and St. John’s Seminary in
Brighton, MA
Men age 35 and older: Friday, 2/10 to Saturday, 2/11 at Pope St. John XXIII
National Seminary. For more information please talk to/contact Fr. Moloney
or Fr. Daniel Hennessy, Vocation Director at 617-746-5969 <(617)%20746-5969>

=== (16) School of Community ===
Run by Communion and Liberation, an international ecclesial movement. For
more info contact David (campeau at mit.edu) or boston.usa.clu at gmail.com.

=== (17) "WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE POOR IN SPIRIT? " ===
See the back of this week's bulletin <http://tcc.mit.edu/www/bulletin>!

May the peace and love of Christ be with you always!

The weekly bulletin can be found at http://tcc.mit.edu/www/bulletin

To Subscribe to the TCC Google Calandar follow this link
http://tcc.mit.edu/www/calendar.html
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Ftcc.mit.edu%2Fwww%2Fcalendar.html&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGktVuiKX59iwhkiwjNBRznGVq47w>
and
click on the "+ Google Calendar"  link at the bottom of the webpage.