[TCCM] TCC Bulletin (February 12, 2017)

Elizabeth Vasquez evasquez at mit.edu
Fri Feb 10 22:17:06 EST 2017

*== TCC Bulletin (February 12, 2017) ==*

In this bulletin:

(1) Winter Weather Closings
(2) TCC Winter Retreat
(3) Basic Course in Catholicism/Confirmation
(4) Tech Catholic Talk
(5) Thomistic Institute at MIT
(6) MIT Pro-Life
(7) Spaghetti Suppers
(8) TCC Family Bulletin Board
(9) Living Group Rosary
(10) Bible Study
(11) Adoration
(12) First Saturdays
(12) BBMSK (the Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen)
(13) Taizé @ MIT
(14) Fiat
(16) School of Community
(17) "What Is My One Major Defect That Holds Me Back in My Spiritual Life?"

=== (1) Winter Weather Closings ===
Whenever MIT closes, or whenever the roads are unsafe for Fr. Moloney to
make it into campus, it is likely that Mass or other activities will be
cancelled. To receive notice that Mass is cancelled, it is important that
everyone subscribe to TCCM at mit.edu, our main mailing list. To add yourself

=== (2) TCC Winter Retreat ===
February 17-19, 2017. TCC is planning the Winter Retreat at the Betania II
Spiritual Life & Marian Center in Medway, MA. Bus transfer to and from the
retreat center, lodging, and food at the retreat center are free. The bus
departs MIT W11 on February 17 at 7 PM. We will leave from the Betania II
on February 19 at 11 AM. Space is limited! Please sign up in the back of
the Chapel or email catholic at mit.edu

=== (3) Basic Course in Catholicism/Confirmation ===
Classes resume TODAY at 2:30 PM in the Small Dining Room

=== (4) Tech Catholic Talk ===
Monday, 2/13 at 8 PM in W11/ Main Dining Room. By Fr. Moloney on “Purity of
Heart and the Seductions of Pornography.”

===(5) Thomistic Institute at MIT ===
Thursday, 2/23 at 5:15 PM in bldg./rm: 4-163 with Fr. Thomas Joseph White,
O.P. on the topic “Can Beauty Save The World? Why a culture of technology
requires a culture of aesthetics.”

=== (6) MIT Pro-Life ===
MIT currently has no student groups devoted to pro-life or right-to-life
causes. We'd like to change that. If you are interested in learning more
about the pro-life movement and/or want to help promote pro-life values at
MIT, please let us know at: http://tinyurl.com/mit-pro-life-signup, or the
sign-up sheet in the back of the chapel.

===(7) Spaghetti Suppers ===
Join the TCC every Friday night from 7-9 pm in the W11 Community Room for a
free spaghetti supper! This is a time for food, fellowship, and fun.
Contact Sabrina Song at sabrina.song at focus.org with any questions.

=== (8) TCC Family Bulletin Board ===
Reminder that the tcc-family-bb at mit.edu listserv is up. If you have an MIT
family and are interested in a bulletin board for trading things with other
families, or if you are an MIT single person and interested in coordinating
ways to help out MIT families, please sign up at groups.mit.edu/webmoira,
list tcc-family-bb!

=== (9) Living Group Rosary ===
Pray in communion with peers on campus in the comfort of your living group,
Sun @ 9 PM Contacts: Maseeh Hall: Emily Cimmino (203-451-1146
<(203)%20451-1146>) and Daniel Vignon (650-963-6561 <(650)%20963-6561>)
McCormick: Briana Chavez (915-449-9352 <(915)%20449-9352>) and Elizabeth
Vazquez (956-465-8870 <(956)%20465-8870>) East Campus: Mariah Mullen
(712-542-0781 <(712)%20542-0781>)

=== (10) Bible Study ===
Do you want to make friends in the TCC in a smaller group setting? Do you
want to learn more about God and grow in your faith? Join a small group
Bible study! Email focusmishes at mit.edu for more information.

=== (11) Adoration ===
Mondays and Tuesdays 11 AM – 12 PM, Wednesdays 8-9 PM in the MIT Chapel.
Will resume on Wednesday, 2/8

=== (12) First Saturdays ===
Monthly devotion to the Virgin Mary every 1st Saturday. Meet at 10AM in W11
for the Rosary, then to the Pru for confession, meditation, adoration and
mass at 12:00 PM. A great opportunity to pray with your fellow TCC members
and get off campus! Contact: Emily Cimmino (203-451-1146) or Daniel Vignon
(650-963-6561). Next one is March 4th.

=== (13) BBMSK (the Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen) ===
: We serve homeless communities in Back Bay and Cambridge giving out socks,
sandwiches, and a friendly presence to folks we come across on the street.
When? 6:00 PM on Tuesdays at W11 or 6:00 PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and
Sundays in front of St. Clement's Shrine. For more info, visit bbmsk.org!

=== (14) Taizé @ MIT ===
Ecumenical Prayer Sundays at 8 PM in the MIT Chapel. Song and stillness to
rest and pray

=== (15) Fiat ===
Fiat  is a discernment group for single women considering a vocation to
religious life in the Catholic Church. The next meeting will be held on
February 22 from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. at St. Clement Eucharistic Shrine, 1105
Boylston St., Boston. Please respond to Sister Marian Batho, CSJ, Delegate
for Religious, Sr_Marian_Batho at rcab.org or call 617- 746-5637
<(617)%20746-5637>.

=== (16) School of Community ===
Run by Communion and Liberation, an international ecclesial movement. For
more info contact David (campeau at mit.edu) or boston.usa.clu at gmail.com.

=== (17) "What Is My One Major Defect That Holds Me Back in My Spiritual
Life? " ===
See the back of this week's bulletin <http://tcc.mit.edu/www/bulletin>!

May the peace and love of Christ be with you always!

The weekly bulletin can be found at http://tcc.mit.edu/www/bulletin

To Subscribe to the TCC Google Calandar follow this link
http://tcc.mit.edu/www/calendar.html
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Ftcc.mit.edu%2Fwww%2Fcalendar.html&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGktVuiKX59iwhkiwjNBRznGVq47w>
and
click on the "+ Google Calendar"  link at the bottom of the webpage.