[TCCM] TCC Bulletin (August 27, 2017)

Adam B Estes abestes at mit.edu
Fri Aug 25 14:20:06 EDT 2017

== TCC Bulletin (August 27, 2017) ==

In this bulletin:
(1) TCC welcomes all new and returning students and their families. Please join us for our donut social in the lobby immediately following Mass.
(2) Regular Mass Schedule resumes next Weekend
(3) Welcome/Welcome Back BBQ
(4) Orientation Week Events
(5) Grad/Families Dinner
(6) Register for TCC
(7) FOCUS Bible Study
(8) Thomistic Institute Talk
(9) Trip to Six Flags New England
(10) BBMSK (Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen)
(11) Want to join the Choir?
(12) St. Monica: The Patron Saint of Helicopter Moms

===(1) TCC welcomes all new and returning students and their families. ===
Please join us for our donut social in the lobby immediately following Mass.

=== (2) Regular Mass Schedule resumes next Weekend ===
Starting September 3: Sunday Masses at 9:30 AM, 1 PM and 5 PM
Starting September 4: Weekday Masses on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 12:05 PM and Monday and Wednesday at 7:30 PM.
All celebrated in the MIT Chapel.

=== (3) Welcome/Welcome Back BBQ ===
9/3 - 2 PM / Kresge BBQ pits. Join us following the 1 PM Mass for our BBQ. Lots of food and good people.

=== (4) Orientation Week Event s===
-Glowstick Capture the Flag: Mon. 8/28 - 9 PM - meet in front of the Chapel
-Glow-in-the-Dark Ultimate Frisbee: Tue. 8/29 - 9 PM - meet in front of the Chapel
-Mass, Adoration and Confessions: Wed. 8/30 - 7:30 PM / MIT Chapel - Take a break from the craziness of orientation week and join us in the Chapel. Social afterwards at 8:30 PM/W11-Main Dining Rm.
-Spaghetti Dinner: Fri. 9/1 - 7 PM - W11/Community Room. Releax on Friday with free dinner and good conversation. - Ice Cream Social: 9/4 - 3-5 PM W11/Community Room (#155)

=== (5) Grad/Families Dinner ===
September 7, 6-8 PM, Main Dining Room of W-11 (where the donuts are after mass!). Come for free food catered by Anna's Taqueria, meet campus ministry staff, find out more about what the Tech Catholic Community has to offer AND have fun with other young Catholics. All grad students, families, staff and young professionals are welcome to attend. Hope to see you there!

=== (6) Register for TCC ===
Be sure to register for the TCC, so that you can be on the email lists and find out about opportunities to volunteer and grow in your faith. It takes less than a minute: tcc.mit.edu/www/register.html

=== (7) FOCUS Bible Study ===
Interested in forming deep friendships and getting to know the mind and heart of Jesus Christ through His Word? Sign up for a weekly Bible study! Contact the FOCUS missionaries at lisa.driscoll at focus.org or 720-938-7692.

=== (8) Thomistic Institute Talk ===
Sept. 15 at 5:30 PM. Location TBA. Our guest speaker is Prof. David O'Connor, faculty member in the departments of Philosophy and of Classics at the University of Notre Dame. Title: "Tolkien's Perilous Beauties: Philosophy and Aesthetic Danger"

=== (9) Trip to Six Flags New England ===
Saturday, Sept. 30. We will leave at 10:30 AM and will be back home at around 9 PM. First come, first serve for seats on the bus. Tickets and bus transportation are free. Invite your friends! Sign up in the back of the Chapel or email >catholic at mit.edu<<mailto:catholic at mit.edu%3c>.

=== (10) BBMSK (Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen) ===
We serve homeless communities in Back Bay and Cambridge giving out socks, sandwiches, and a friendly presence to folks we come across on the street. When? 6:00 PM on Tuesdays at W11 or 6:00 PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays in front of St. Clement's Shrine. For more info, visit bbmsk.org!

=== (11) Want to join the Choir? ===
You're heartily invited to sing or play an instrument in the TCC Choir! We sing at the Sunday Masses at 9:30 AM (rehearsal 8 :30 AM), at 1 PM (rehearsal 11:30 AM before the Mass, and one during the week, time TBD) and at 5 PM (the Praise Band; rehearsal 4 PM). To join, just come to one of the rehearsals! For additional information, contact Piotr Suwara (suwara at mit.edu). Singing belongs to one who loves. -- St. Augustine of Hippo

=== (12) St. Monica: The Patron Saint of Helicopter Moms ===

See the back of this week's bulletin<http://tcc.mit.edu/www/bulletin>!

May the peace and love of Christ be with you always!

The weekly bulletin can be found at http://tcc.mit.edu/www/bulletin