[TCCM] Gold Mass for Scientists, TODAY @ 5:15

Daniel P Moloney dmoloney at mit.edu
Tue Nov 15 15:33:19 EST 2016

To my surprise, our Mass for Scientists on the Feast of St. Albert the Great has gotten international attention:
http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/11/10/gold-mass-for-scientists-to-be-celebrated-for-the-first-time/

If you google “MIT Gold Mass”, you’ll see a number of similar articles, which basically reprint an article in the Boston Archdiocesan newspaper:
http://www.thebostonpilot.com/article.asp?ID=177861

All of which attention is nice, but it’s nicer if we make an effort to attend the Mass and invite other scientists to come for Mass:
When: TODAY, Tuesday, Nov. 15 at 5:15
Where: MIT Chapel, with reception to follow in W11.
Who: celebrated by Fr. Nicanor Austriaco, O.P. (PhD ’96), Professor of Biology at Providence College.

(St. Albert the Great is a Dominican theologian, bishop, and doctor of the Church, whose work defending the compatibility of faith and scientific investigation makes him one of the precursors to modern science, and earned him the status as patron saint for scientists. His feast day is Nov. 15.)

Fr. Daniel Patrick Moloney, Ph.D.
Catholic Chaplain, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
MIT Building W11-012
40 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139
617-252-1779 (office)