[TCCM] TCC Bulletin (November 6, 2016)

Elizabeth Vasquez evasquez at mit.edu
Sat Nov 5 02:14:25 EDT 2016

*== TCC Bulletin (November 6, 2016) ==*
Thirty-second Sunday in Ordinary Time

In this bulletin:

(1) Memorial Mass
(2) Gold Mass for Scientists
(3) Thomistic Institute at MIT
(4) Spaghetti Suppers
(5) Holy Hour
(6) Praise Band
(7) TCC Family Bulletin Board
(8) Living Group Rosary
(9) Bible Study
(10) Melchizedek Group for Priestly Vocations
(11) First Saturdays
(12) Adoration
(13) BBMSK (the Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen)
(14) Taizé @ MIT
(15) Celibacy

=== (1) Memorial Mass ===
On Friday, Nov. 18 at 12:05 PM a Memorial Mass will held for all deceased
members of the TCC and their families. If you would like someone to be
remembered at that Mass, send us the names to: catholic at mit.edu

=== (2) Gold Mass for Scientists ===
On the Feast of Albert the Great, patron saint of scientists, Fr. Nicanor
Austriaco, O.P. (PhD '96) will celebrate a special Mass for Scientists. It
will be Tuesday, November 15, at 5:15 p.m. in the MIT Chapel. There will be
a reception in W11 to follow. This event is co-sponsored by the newly
founded Society of Catholic Scientists, and off-campus scientists are
invited: http://www.catholicscientists.org/events/20161115-goldmass

=== (3) Thomistic Institute at MIT ===
Wednesday, November 16, 5:15 PM in Building/Rm. 6-120. Prof. Candace
Vogler, the David B. & Clara E. Stern Professor of Philosophy at the
University of Chicago speaks on "The Problem of Moral Relativism - Do we
have Absolute Moral Knowledge?" Refreshments provided. Please email
thomisticinstitute at mit.edu for further information.

=== (4) Spaghetti Suppers ===
Join the TCC every Friday night from 7-9 pm in the W11 Community Room for a
free spaghetti supper! This is a time for food, fellowship, and fun.
Contact Sabrina Song at sabrina.song at focus.org with any questions.

=== (5) Holy Hours ===
“So you could not keep watch with me for one hour?” Matthew 26:40.
Come help us keep our Lord company in the sacristy for an hour every Friday
from 3pm to 4pm. He yearns for our presence and wants us to experience. His
loving and healing presence.
For information on how to sign up for a 15 min slot and access the
sacristy, please emailholy-hour-admin at mit.edu. The more interest the better
as we will be able to dedicate other “Holy Hours”.

=== (6) Praise Band ===
Interested in joining the Praise Band and singing at Mass with the TCC?
Your time is now!!! Join the praise band at the 5pm Mass Sunday, October
30th (practice at 4pm). Or email Katie (krpic at mit.edu) or Daniel Vignon (
dvignon at mit.edu) for more information.

=== (7) TCC Family Bulletin Board ===
This is just a friendly reminder that the tcc-family-bb at mit.edu listserv is
up. If you have an MIT family and are interested in a bulletin board for
trading things with other families, or if you are an MIT single person and
interested in coordinating ways to help out MIT families (e.g.: helping
with babysitting and things of that nature), please sign up at
groups.mit.edu/webmoira, list tcc-family-bb!

=== (8) Living Group Rosary ===
Pray the Glorious Mysteries in communion with peers on campus in the
comfort of your living group, Sundays at 9 PM.
Contacts: Maseeh Hall: Emily Cimmino (203-451-1146) and Daniel Vignon
(650-963-6561) Next House: Bridget Bohlin (505-919-8377)
McCormick: Briana Chavez (915-449-9352) and Elizabeth Vazquez (956-465-8870
)
East Campus: Mariah Mullen (712-542-0781)
Wednesday (7:05pm (before mass) outside the Chapel): Ben Myers (517-920-2509
)

=== (9) Bible Study ===
Do you want to make friends in the TCC in a smaller group setting? Do you
want to learn more about God and grow in your faith? Join a small group
Bible study! Email focusmishes at mit.edu for more information.

=== (10) Melchizedek Group for Priestly Vocations ===

   -  Fr. Moloney will lead a reading and discussion group about the nature
   of the priestly vocation and how to discern if God is calling us to the
   “ancient order of Melchizedek” (Heb. 5:6, 7:17).
   - The text, To Save a Thousand Souls, is available in W11-012 for free.
   Meetings are in W20-450 at 6 PM on Wednesdays.
   - To attend doesn’t mean that you are thinking about entering the
   seminary, or even that you’re not dating. It can simply mean that you’re
   interested in supporting others think about the priesthood.
   - Contact: Ben Myers (bmyers at mit.edu).

=== (11) First Saturdays ===

   - Monthly devotion to the Virgin Mary every 1st Saturday
   - First meet in W11 and recite the Rosary, then head to St Francis in
   the Prudential for confession, meditation, adoration and mass at 12:00PM
   - Our first meet will be this Saturday, October 1st, 2016 at 10:00 AM in
   W11
   - If you have any questions, please contact Emily Cimmino (203-451-1146)
   or Daniel Vignon (650-963-6561).

=== (12) Adoration===
Mondays and Tuesdays 10-11 AM, Wednesdays 8-9 PM in the MIT Chapel

=== (13) "BBMSK (the Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen)" ===
We serve homeless communities in Back Bay and Cambridge giving out socks,
sandwiches, religious articles, and a friendly presence to folks we come
across on the street
When? 6:00 PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays in front of St. Clement's
Shrine.  For more info, visit bbmsk.org!

=== (14) Taizé @ MIT===
Ecumenical Prayer Sundays at 8 PM in the MIT Chapel. Song and stillness to
rest and pray.

=== (15) Celibacy ===
See the back of this week's bulletin <http://tcc.mit.edu/www/bulletin>!

May the peace and love of Christ be with you always!

The weekly bulletin can be found at http://tcc.mit.edu/www/bulletin

To Subscribe to the TCC Google Calandar follow this link
http://tcc.mit.edu/www/calendar.html
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Ftcc.mit.edu%2Fwww%2Fcalendar.html&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGktVuiKX59iwhkiwjNBRznGVq47w>
and
click on the "+ Google Calendar"  link at the bottom of the webpage.