[TCCM] TCC Bulletin (March 13, 2016)

Laura D'Aquila ldaquila at mit.edu
Sat Mar 12 23:46:51 EST 2016

*== TCC Bulletin (March 13, 2016) ==*

Fifth Sunday of Lent

*Note: Please remember that Daylight Savings Time starts on Sunday!*

In this bulletin:

(1) Next week on Tuesday, 3/22

(2) TCC Holy Week Schedule

(3) Basic Course in Catholicism

(4) Sunday Night Supper

(5) Monday Night Discussions (MND)

(6) TCC Wednesdays

(7) Bible Study

(8) Graduate Bible Study

(9) Book Club 'Ad Lucem'

(10) BBMSK

(11) Cambridge Soup Kitchen

(12) School of Community

(13) Taize @ MIT

(14) Lenten Dorm Prayer

(15) Rolling Thunder

(16) Confessions During Lent

=== (1) Next week on Tuesday, 3/22 ===

Father Moloney will be at the Cathedral for the Chrism Mass until 3pm. The
Mass for Tuesday will be at 5:15 with Confession to follow.

=== (2) TCC Holy Week Schedule ===

   - Palm Sunday (March 20): Masses at 9:30am, 1pm, and 5pm
   - Tuesday, March 22: Mass followed by Confessions
   - Holy Thursday (March 24): Mass of the Lord's Supper at 7:30pm
   - Good Friday (March 25): The Lord's Passion at 3pm (no 12:05pm mass)
   - Easter Vigil (Saturday, March 26): Mass at 8:30pm
   - Easter Morning (Sunday, March 27): Mass at 9:30am (no 1pm and 5pm mass)

=== (3) Basic Course in Catholicism ===

This course will be held on Sundays at 2:30 PM in W11/ Small Dining Rm.

=== (4) Sunday Night Supper ===

Following 5pm Mass in W11. This week will feature a pasta supper.

*=== *(5) Monday Night Discussions (MND) ===

Mondays 8 PM - 9:15 PM in W11/Main Dining Room. The goal of this forum is
for participants to hold discussions about certain questions of faith as
they relate to their intellectual experiences and expectations. Piazza will
be served.

*=== *(6) TCC Wednesdays ===

Mass at 7:30 PM (MIT Chapel). Adoration and Confessions available from 8-9
PM (MIT Chapel).

=== (7) Bible Study ===

For more information contact one of the FOCUS Missionaries or email
john.powers at focus.org

=== (8) Graduate Bible Study ===

In addition there is a Graduate Bible Study that runs Thursday 6-7 PM
in W11/SDR. For location and more information please contact Taylor Gill at
tgill at mit.edu.

=== (9) Book Club 'Ad Lucem' ===

We meet every Tuesday at 8-9 PM in W11/Small Dining Room. Please contact
Sara Dolcetti at sara.dolcetti at alum.mit.edu.

=== (10) BBMSK ===
6:00 PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays in front of St. Clement's
Shrine. RSVP at bbmsk.org!

=== (11) Cambridge Soup Kitchen ===
Meets on Tuesday at 6 PM in W11. Travels down Mass Ave. to Central Sq.

=== (12) School of Community ===
Run by Communion and Liberation, an international ecclesial movement. For
more info contact David (campeau at mit.edu) or boston.usa.clu at gmail.com.

=== (13) Taize @ MIT ===
Song & Stillness: Taizé @ MIT, weekly Sunday evening ecumenical
contemplative prayer in the MIT chapel at 8 PM. *On March 13, we will look
forward to Christ's entrance into Jerusalem, and pray for peace in the Holy
City. We pray and sing in multiple languages. Look for the edition of
Hebrew on March 13!*

=== (14) Lenten Dorm Prayer ===
What better way to spend Lent than in prayer, and in your own dorm!

   - Sundays: 9 PM Maseeh media room rosary (contact Emily Cimmino for
   info: 203-451-1146)
   - Tuesdays and Fridays: 9:30 AM morning prayer / MIT Chapel (Jacob
   Martin: 601-467-3419)
   - Tuesdays: 6 PM evening prayer (vespers) in the chapel (contact Bridget
   Bohlin: 505-919-8377)
   - Fridays: 3 PM rosary in Simmons (Tomas Cabrera: 303-519-3955). 6 PM
   rosary on East Campus (Mariah Mullen: 712-542-0781)
   - Saturdays: 2 PM in Random (Kelli Padilla: 405-532-6916)

=== (15) Rolling Thunder ===
Rolling Thunder is a Catholic undergraduate men's fellowship and prayer
group. On Saturday mornings we pray a holy hour at St. Clement's
Eucharistic Shrine before the 11:00 Mass. We usually grab lunch together
afterwards. If you are interested in joining us, we meet up at 9:45am at
W11 to walk over to St. Clement's together. We'd love to see you there!
Contact Andrew Berta for more details, andrew92 at mit.edu or 719-660-1850.

=== (16) Confessions During Lent ===
All Catholics older than age seven are required by canon law to confession
their sins once a year (Cardinal O'Malley recommends that all Catholics in
Boston go more frequently - once a month, he suggests). Please see the back
of this week's bulletin
<http://web.mit.edu/tcc/archives/public/bulletin/2016/bulletin.2016-03-13.pdf>
for
more information about Confessions and where the sacrament is available!

May the peace and love of Christ be with you always!

The weekly bulletin can be found at http://tcc.mit.edu/www/bulletin