[TCCM] TCC Bulletin (December 11, 2016)

Elizabeth Vasquez evasquez at mit.edu
Fri Dec 9 13:12:42 EST 2016

*== TCC Bulletin (December 11, 2016) ==*

In this bulletin:

(1) The last Sunday Masses will be on December 18, and will resume on
January 15.
(2) Weekday Masses end on Friday, December 16, and resume on February, 6.
(3) Christmas Caroling
(4) UCO Praise Night
(5) Please consider giving TCC a Christmas Gift
(6) TCC Winter Rretreat
(7) Spaghetti Suppers
(8) Holy Hours
(9) TCC Family Bulletin Board
(10) Living Group Rosary
(11) Bible Study
(12) Adoration
(13) BBMSK (the Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen)
(14) Taizé @ MIT
(15) Fiat
(16) Discernment Retreats led by Cardinal O’Malley
(17) 'Joy, the Fruit of the Holy Spirit'

=== (1) The last Sunday Masses will be on December 18, and will resume on
January 15.
 ===

=== (2) Weekday Masses end on Friday, December 16, and resume on February,
6. ===

=== (3) Christmas Caroling ===
Celebrate the advent season and the end of the semester by singing
Christmas carols. Wednesday 12/14 at 6:30 PM in Lobby 7.

=== (4) UCO Praise Night ===
Join with other Christians at MIT for a night of praise music. Friday 12/16
at 7:00 PM in the Mezzanine Lounge (W20-307).

=== (5) Please consider giving TCC a Christmas Gift ===
TCC invites our students to join in the season giving of our alumni and
friends in our collections. According to your means we ask our students to
consider giving the price of: a nice meal, a CD, a fancy coffee or drink,
double what you normally give, or whatever extra you can afford.

=== (6) TCC Winter Rretreat ===
Save the date - February 17 - 19, 2017. TCC is planning the Winter Retreat
at the Betania II Spiritual Life & Marian Center in Medway, MA. Space is
limited. Keep the weekend free and watch for more details

=== (7) Spaghetti Suppers ===
Ended 12/9/16. Join the TCC every Friday night from 7-9 pm in the W11
Community Room for a free spaghetti supper! This is a time for food,
fellowship, and fun. Contact Sabrina Song at sabrina.song at focus.org with
any questions.

=== (8) Holy Hours ===
“So you could not keep watch with me for one hour?” Matthew 26:40. Come
help us keep our Lord company in the sacristy for an hour every Friday from
3pm to 4pm. He yearns for our presence and wants us to experience his
loving and healing presence. For information on how to sign up for a 15 min
slot and access the sacristy, please email holy-houradmin at mit.edu. The more
interest the better as we will be able to dedicate other “Holy Hours”.

=== (9) TCC Family Bulletin Board ===
This is just a friendly reminder that the tcc-family-bb at mit.edu listserv is
up. If you have an MIT family and are interested in a bulletin board for
trading things with other families, or if you are an MIT single person and
interested in coordinating ways to help out MIT families (e.g.: helping
with babysitting and things of that nature), please sign up at
groups.mit.edu/webmoira, list tcc-family-bb!

=== (10) Living Group Rosary ===
Pray the Glorious Mysteries in communion with peers on campus in the
comfort of your living group, Sundays at 9 PM.
Contacts: Maseeh Hall: Emily Cimmino (203-451-1146) and Daniel Vignon
(650-963-6561) Next House: Bridget Bohlin (505-919-8377)
McCormick: Briana Chavez (915-449-9352) and Elizabeth Vazquez (956-465-8870
)
East Campus: Mariah Mullen (712-542-0781)
Wednesday (7:05pm (before mass) outside the Chapel): Ben Myers (517-920-2509
)

=== (11) Bible Study ===
Do you want to make friends in the TCC in a smaller group setting? Do you
want to learn more about God and grow in your faith? Join a small group
Bible study! Email focusmishes at mit.edu for more information.

=== (12) Adoration===
Mondays and Tuesdays 10-11 AM, Wednesdays 8-9 PM in the MIT Chapel

=== (13) "BBMSK (the Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen)" ===
We serve homeless communities in Back Bay and Cambridge giving out socks,
sandwiches, religious articles, and a friendly presence to folks we come
across on the street
When? 6:00 PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays in front of St. Clement's
Shrine.  For more info, visit bbmsk.org!

=== (14) Taizé @ MIT===
Ecumenical Prayer Sundays at 8 PM in the MIT Chapel. Song and stillness to
rest and pray.

=== (15) Fiat ===
Fiat is a discernment group for single women considering a vocation to
religious life in the Catholic Church. The next meeting will be held on
November 30 with the topic Charisms in Religious Life from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
at St. Clement Eucharistic Shrine, 1105 Boylston St., Boston.
Please respond to Sister Marian Batho, CSJ, Delegate for Religious,
Sr_Marian_Batho at rcab.org or call 617- 746-5637.

=== (16) Discernment Retreats led by Cardinal O’Malley ===
Men ages 18-35 years: Friday, 2/10 to Sunday, 2/12 at the Betania II
Spiritual Life & Marian Center in Medway and St. John’s Seminary in
Brighton, MA

Men age 35 and older: Friday, 2/10 to Saturday, 2/11 at Pope St. John XXIII
National Seminary. For more information please talk to/contact Fr. Moloney
at dmoloney at mit.edu, or Fr. Daniel Hennessy, Vocation Director at
617-746-5969 or dhennessey at rcab.org.
=== (17) 'Joy, the Fruit of the Holy Spirit' ===
See the back of this week's bulletin <http://tcc.mit.edu/www/bulletin>!

May the peace and love of Christ be with you always!

The weekly bulletin can be found at http://tcc.mit.edu/www/bulletin

To Subscribe to the TCC Google Calandar follow this link
http://tcc.mit.edu/www/calendar.html
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Ftcc.mit.edu%2Fwww%2Fcalendar.html&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGktVuiKX59iwhkiwjNBRznGVq47w>
and
click on the "+ Google Calendar"  link at the bottom of the webpage.