[TCCM] TCC Bulletin (September 20, 2015)

Laura D'Aquila ldaquila at mit.edu
Fri Sep 18 20:30:29 EDT 2015

*== TCC Bulletin (September 20, 2015) ==*

Twenty-fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time

In this bulletin:

(1) Monday Mass: NEW!

(2) TCC Fall Retreat

(3) 10 Days Boston

(4) So You Want to Be a Saint

(5) Monday Night Discussions (MND) (Mondays 8 PM - 9:15 PM)

(6) Bible Study

(7) Book Club

(8) TCC Wednesdays

(9) BBMSK

(10) School of Community

(11) Additional Info

(12) Clay Pots Retreat—Finding the Treasure, Communicating the Glory

=== (1) Monday Mass ===

Starting on Monday 9/21 we will have a Mass every Monday evening at 7:30 PM
in the Chapel.

=== (2) TCC Fall Retreat ===

Mark your calendar! The retreat is FREE and will be held Oct.16 -18 at
the Franciscan
Retreat Center in Kennebunkport, Maine. Sign-up starts 9/27.

=== (3) 10 Days Boston ===
On Wednesday, September 23, the TCC will host the final night of 10 Days
Boston, an annual ecumenical gathering co-sponsored by the Archdiocese of
Boston. For that day, our TCC Wednesday will take place in the Little
Theatre of Kresge Auditorium. At 7 PM, Fr. Moloney will give a talk on the
Catholic understanding of the Mass (this takes the place of his usual talk
at 6:30). At 7:30, we will celebrate the Mass, followed by Eucharistic
Adoration until 8:45, at which point we all adjourn to the lobby for
fellowship. For more info see10daysboston.com.

=== (4) So You Want to Be a Saint ===

Wed. at 6:30 PM in W11 Small Dining Room. Fr. Moloney leads a weekly
discussion-based class on a variety of themes regarding how to live out every
Christian’s call to be holy. Themes vary from week-to-week, ranging from
the practical to the highfalutin. Suggestions for class themes are
appreciated. Attendance at previous sessions is not required, nor is
extensive Catholic formation. *See 10 Days Boston.*

*=== *(5) Monday Night Discussions (MND) (Mondays 8 PM - 9:15 PM) ===

The goal of this forum is for participants to hold discussions about
certain questions of faith as they relate to their intellectual experiences
and expectations. Generally, there are pre-defined topics for discussion
but participants can suggest other topics too. Guest speakers are often
invited to contribute their expert knowledge to the discussion. A small
sample of past topics include: Franciscans of the Primitive Observance
on poverty;
Intercessory Prayer (Guest: A Marist postulant); Double Pre-destination
(Guest: Deacon John). Location: W11 Main Dining Room. Pizza will be served.

=== (6) Bible Study ===

Interested in growing in your faith? Consider joining a small group Bible
Study! Bible studies meet everyday at different times according to the
member's schedules. For more information

contact one of the FOCUS Missionaries or email john.powers at focus.org

=== (7) Book Club ===

If you’re interested in discussing/debating/analyzing novels/essays/texts …
sign up on the sheet after mass or email Sara Dolcetti at
sara.dolcetti at alum.mit.edu! A doodle will be sent out to all those who sign
up to decide on dates/times to meet and what to read first.

=== (8) TCC Wednesdays ===
Adoration and Confessions available from 7:30-8:30 PM (MIT Chapel). Mass at
8:30 PM (MIT Chapel). Fellowship after Mass in W11/MDR. *See 10 Days
Boston.*

=== (9) BBMSK ===
The Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen is a Catholic service group dedicated to
helping the homeless on the streets of Boston. We meet at 6:00 PM on
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays in front of St. Clement's Shrine, pray,
and then hit the streets. RSVP at bbmsk.org today!

=== (10) School of Community ===
Run by Communion and Liberation, an international ecclesial movement.
For more info contact David (campeau at mit.edu) or boston.usa.clu at gmail.com.

=== (11) Additional Info ===
For more info about our programs below and more events, check in our future
bulletins and
emails:

   - Friday Night Supper
   - TCC RCIA and Confirmation Prep Program

=== (12) Clay Pots Retreat—Finding the Treasure, Communicating the Glory ===
October 9-11, 2015. A Catholic weekend retreat for those who work or are
studying for a career in the field of media communications or entertainment
offering time and an opportunity to nurture contemplation of the Treasure
within, and revitalize how we communicate God’s Glory in a compelling way.
Presented by the Daughters of Saint Paul, a community of sisters whose
mission is to evangelize with the media of communications. The retreat will
be held at Saint Thecla’s Retreat House in Billerica, MA. For more information
visitwww.pauline.org/retreat. Student rate available with student ID.

May the peace and love of Christ be with you always!

The weekly bulletin can be found at http://tcc.mit.edu/www/bulletin

Archives of the bulletin can be found at http://web.mit.edu/tcc
/archives/public/bulletin