[TCCM] TCC Bulletin (June 7, 2015)

Laura D'Aquila ldaquila at mit.edu
Sat Jun 6 23:25:31 EDT 2015

*== TCC Bulletin (June 7, 2015) ==*

Corpus Christi

In this bulletin:

(1) Alumni Mass Sunday 6/7

(2) Summer Masses

(3) Help us help others - Graduating students please stay in touch!

(4) Guidelines to deepen your faith after college

=== (1) Alumni Mass Sunday 6/7 ===
All are invited to the Alumni Mass. Please bring family and friends!

   - Alumni Mass: Sunday, June 7 at 10 AM in Kresge Little Theater. TCC
   salutes our graduates and welcomes our visiting alumni, family, and
   friends. Please join us for our donut social in the lobby immediately
   following Mass.

=== (2) Summer Masses ===

TCC's Summer Mass Schedule with Sunday Masses at 10 AM in the Chapel has
started.

   - Sunday Masses at 9:30 AM, 1 PM and 5 PM will resume in the fall.
   - Weekday Masses will resume in the fall.
   - Watch for summer social, prayer, and educational events.

=== (3) Help us help others - Graduating students please stay in touch! ===

Please make sure you are listed as Catholic on WebSIS. TCC will send you an
annual newsletter to keep you up to date on our activities.

   1. Log on to WebSIS (http://student.mit.edu)
   2. Choose ‘For Students – Personal Records’
   3. Choose ‘Biographic Record’
   4. Choose ‘Optional Religious Affiliation’

=== (4) Guidelines to deepen your faith after college ===

   1. *Find a parish:* look for a parish where you could give some of your
   time and yourself.
   2. *Learn more about your faith:* get involved in a parish Bible study
   or adult education classes.
   3. *Prepare for marriage:* if you are in a serious relationship go for
   the best marriage prep – the Engaged Encounter Weekend.
   4. *Join or form a small Christian community:* fulfill your need to
   anchor your faith in deep interpersonal bonding with other people having
   the same faith perspective.
   5. *Deepen your prayer life:* join a prayer group or take a yearly
   retreat at a local retreat house or monastery.
   6. *Unlock the riches of the Bible:* make the scriptures a part of your
   own personal prayer life by reading a short section of the Bible each day.
   7. *Expand your knowledge of Christian culture:* explore the world of
   art, music literature, film, and theater to discover the influence of two
   thousand years of Christian faith.
   8. *Be involved in social justice concerns:* make a commitment to help
   in a soup kitchen, homeless shelter, or AIDS hospice.
   9. *Become a volunteer:* take a year off after college to join the peace
   corps, Jesuit volunteer corps, or some other church sponsored lay mission
   organization.
   10. *Become a witness to the world:* don’t let your faith life linger
   and slip after you graduate. Out in the “real world” be a witness to the
   risen Jesus, bring Christian values to your job, your marriage, and to
   others.

This is the last bulletin until the Welcome Mass in August. The Tech
Catholic Community wishes you a blessed summer filled with the peace and
love of Christ!

The weekly bulletin can be found at http://tcc.mit.edu/www/bulletin

Archives of the bulletin can be found at
http://web.mit.edu/tcc/archives/public/bulletin