[TCCM] TCC Bulletin (December 13, 2015)

Laura D'Aquila ldaquila at mit.edu
Fri Dec 11 12:59:52 EST 2015

*== TCC Bulletin (December 13, 2015) ==*

Third Sunday of Advent

In this bulletin:

(1) Please remember the Holy Days of Obligation

(2) Mass Schedule for Area Churches during the Winter Break

(3) Last Masses of Semester

(4) The Catholic Faith in One Week

(5) Please Consider Giving TCC a Christmas Gift

(6) TCC Winter Retreat

(7) Basic Course in Catholicism

(8) So You Want to Be a Saint

(9) Monday Night Discussions (MND)

(10) Friday Night Supper

(11) TCC Wednesdays

(12) Bible Study

(13) Graduate Bible Study

(14) Book Club 'Ad Lucem'

(15) BBMSK

(16) Cambridge Soup Kitchen

(17) School of Community

(18) Catholic Gifts for Little Kids for Advent and Christmas

(19) Women's Discernment Mini-Retreat

(20) Advent Taize @ MIT

=== (1) Please remember the Holy Days of Obligation ===

   - 12/25 Christmas
   - 1/1 Mary Mother of God
   - 1/6 Epiphany (Some Dioceses move it to Sunday)

=== (2) Mass Schedule for Area Churches during the Winter Break ===
Please see our website!

=== (3) Last Masses of Semester ===
The last Sunday Masses for this semester will be 12/13 and will resume on
January 10. Weekday Masses end on Wednesday, December 16 and resume on
February 1.

=== (4) The Catholic Faith in One Week ===

IAP class Jan 25-29, 2016 1-4 PM in Student Center/PDR 3. A lightning fast
read-through of all 2865 points of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Description please see:
http://student.mit.edu/searchiap/iap-9289af8f50ebf6b201510227e3a8009c.html

=== (5) Please Consider Giving TCC a Christmas Gift ===

TCC invites our students to join in the season giving of our alumni and
friends in our collections. According to your means we ask our students to
consider giving the price of a nice meal, a CD, a fancy coffee or drink,
double what you normally give, or whatever extra you can afford.

=== (6) TCC Winter Retreat ===

Save the date - February 5-7 2016. TCC is planning the Winter Retreat in
Bethel, Maine. Space will be limited. Keep the weekend free and watch for
more details.

=== (7) Basic Course in Catholicism ===

This course will be held on Sundays at 2:30 PM in W11/ Small Dining Rm. *Last
meeting 12/13, resumes on 1/31/16*.

=== (8) So You Want to Be a Saint ===

Mon. at 5:15 PM in W11 Main Dining Room. Fr. Moloney leads a weekly
discussion-based class on a variety of themes regarding how to live out
every Christian’s call to be holy. Attendance at previous sessions is not
required. *Ended for this semester.*

*=== *(9) Monday Night Discussions (MND) ===

Mondays 8 PM - 9:15 PM in W11/Main Dining Room. *Ended for this semester.*

=== (10) Friday Night Supper ===

7 PM in W11/Community Room. Come join us for prayer, food, and fun. *FNS
ended and will resume on 2/12/2016.*

*=== *(11) TCC Wednesdays ===

Mass at 7:30 PM (MIT Chapel). Adoration and Confessions available from 8-9
PM (MIT Chapel). *Ends on 12/16.*

=== (12) Bible Study ===

For more information contact one of the FOCUS Missionaries or email
john.powers at focus.org

=== (13) Graduate Bible Study ===

In addition there is a Graduate Bible Study that runs Thursday 6-7 PM
in W11/SDR. For more information please contact Taylor Gill at tgill at mit.edu
.

=== (14) Book Club 'Ad Lucem' ===

>From the Latin for 'To the light' the objective of this group is to shed
light on critical texts that explore important aspects of our faith. We
meet every Tuesday at 8-9 PM in W11/Small Dining Room. Please contact Sara
Dolcetti at sara.dolcetti at alum.mit.edu. *Ends on 12/15 and will resume on
1/5/16.*

=== (15) BBMSK ===
6:00 PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays in front of St. Clement's
Shrine. RSVP at bbmsk.org!

=== (16) Cambridge Soup Kitchen ===
Meets on Tuesday at 6 PM in W11. Travels down Mass Ave. to Central Sq.

=== (17) School of Community ===
Run by Communion and Liberation, an international ecclesial movement. For
more info contact David (campeau at mit.edu) or boston.usa.clu at gmail.com.

=== (18) Catholic Gifts for Little Kids for Advent and Christmas ===
Fr. Moloney has tapped into his vast experience as an uncle, consulted with
the experts, and compiled a number of field-tested gifts for young children
with a Catholic theme.
http://spiritualdirections.tumblr.com/tagged/catholicgiftsforkids

=== (19) Women's Discernment Mini-Retreat ===
Come for an afternoon of reflection on Sunday, December 13th, from 1-6pm at
Mount St. Vincent. Contact Sr. Marian Batho (sr_marian_batho at rcab.org |
617-746-5637) for info.

=== (20) Advent Taize @ MIT ===
December 13 at 8 PM /MIT Chapel. Text is Luke 1: 46-48, My soul magnifies
the Lord, as we rejoice with Mary while we wait for the coming of the holy
child. On this night, we will adorn our altar with festive seasonal
decorations and sing settings of the Magnificat as we pray together. Song &
Stillness: Taizé @ MIT is a simple and calming ecumenical evening prayer
service. Using the music of the Taizé community in France, this 35-minute
service includes short readings from Christian scripture, candlelight,
meditative singing, and time for silence. Grounded in the contemplative
Christian tradition, the service is open to all.

TCC wishes all a blessed, safe and joyous holiday season and break!

The weekly bulletin can be found at http://tcc.mit.edu/www/bulletin