[TCCM] TCC Bulletin (December 6, 2015)

Laura D'Aquila ldaquila at mit.edu
Fri Dec 4 09:20:48 EST 2015

*== TCC Bulletin (December 6, 2015) ==*

Second Sunday of Advent

In this bulletin:

(1) The Catholic Faith in One Week

(2) Women's Christmas

(3) Advent Mini-Retreat for Women

(4) Immaculate Conception

(5) Advent Reconciliation / Confession Service

(6) Our Lady of Guadalupe - Patroness of the Americas

(7) Mass Schedule

(8) Please Consider Giving TCC a Christmas Gift

(9) TCC Winter Retreat

(10) Basic Course in Catholicism

(11) So You Want to Be a Saint

(12) Monday Night Discussions (MND)

(13) Friday Night Supper

(14) Bible Study

(15) Graduate Bible Study

(16) Book Club 'Ad Lucem'

(17) BBMSK

(18) Cambridge Soup Kitchen

(19) School of Community

(20) Catholic Gifts for Little Kids for Advent and Christmas

(21) Women's Discernment Mini-Retreat

(22) Jesus in Boston

=== (1) The Catholic Faith in One Week ===

IAP class Jan 25-29, 2016 1-4 PM in Student Center/PDR 3. A lightning fast
read-through of all 2865 points of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Description please see:
http://student.mit.edu/searchiap/iap-9289af8f50ebf6b201510227e3a8009c.html

=== (2) Women's Christmas ===

Ladies of TCC! Come celebrate Christmas with the women of TCC. Before we
all head out for break and IAP, let's get together one last time to listen
to Christmas music, decorate cookies, and have a white elephant gift
exchange. Bring one item from your room as a gift. Anything from a cute
pair of socks to your rock collection you've been meaning to give away… 2-4
PM Sunday, December 6th in CommRm./W-11.

=== (3) Advent Mini-Retreat for Women ===

Sat. Dec. 12 at 11am-1pm in W11 Community Room. Prepare your hearts for
Christmas, enjoy some time of peace and reflection before finals, and spend
time with other Catholic women. We will watch a talk, have time for
journaling and small-group discussion, and enjoy some snacks and fellowship
together. Bring your friends! Email Kate: turnerk at alum.mit.edu

=== (4) Immaculate Conception ===

Masses - Tuesday, Dec. 8 at 12:05pm and 5:15pm, and on 12/7 the 7:30pm Mass.

=== (5) Advent Reconciliation / Confession Service ===

On Dec. 9, we'll be having Mass at 7:30, followed by our Advent Penance
service with Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. We will celebrate the
Sacrament of Confession until the last person is done. There will be
several priests.

=== (6) Our Lady of Guadalupe - Patroness of the Americas ===

Mass - Dec. 12 at 8pm followed by a caroling celebration.

=== (7) Mass Schedule ===

The last Sunday masses will be on December 13 and will resume on January
10. Weekday masses end on Wednesday, December 16 and resume on February 1.

=== (8) Please Consider Giving TCC a Christmas Gift ===

TCC invites our students to join in the season giving of our alumni and
friends in our collections. According to your means we ask our students to
consider giving the price of a nice meal, a CD, a fancy coffee or drink,
double what you normally give, or whatever extra you can afford.

=== (9) TCC Winter Retreat ===

Save the date - February 5-7 2016. TCC is planning the Winter Retreat in
Bethel, Maine. Space will be limited. Keep the weekend free and watch for
more details.

=== (10) Basic Course in Catholicism ===

This course will be held on Sundays at 2:30 PM in W11/ Small Dining Rm. *Not
happening on 11/29.*

=== (11) So You Want to Be a Saint ===

Mon. at 5:15 PM in W11 Main Dining Room. Fr. Moloney leads a weekly
discussion-based class on a variety of themes regarding how to live out
every Christian’s call to be holy. Attendance at previous sessions is not
required.

*=== *(12) Monday Night Discussions (MND) ===

Mondays 8 PM - 9:15 PM in W11/Main Dining Room. The goal of this forum is
for participants to hold discussions about certain questions of faith as
they relate to their intellectual experiences and expectations. Pizza will
be served.

=== (13) Friday Night Supper ===

7 PM in W11/Community Room. Come join us for prayer, food, and fun. *No FNS
on 12/4.*

=== (14) Bible Study ===

For more information contact one of the FOCUS Missionaries or email
john.powers at focus.org

=== (15) Graduate Bible Study ===

In addition there is a Graduate Bible Study that runs Thursday 6-7 PM
in W11/SDR. For more information please contact Taylor Gill at tgill at mit.edu
.

=== (16) Book Club 'Ad Lucem' ===

>From the Latin for 'To the light' the objective of this group is to shed
light on critical texts that explore important aspects of our faith. We
meet every Tuesday at 8-9 PM in W11/Small Dining Room. Please contact Sara
Dolcetti at sara.dolcetti at alum.mit.edu.

=== (17) BBMSK ===
The Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen is a Catholic service group dedicated to
helping the homeless on the streets of Boston. We meet at 6:00 PM on
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays in front of St. Clement's Shrine, pray,
and then hit the streets. RSVP at bbmsk.org today!

=== (18) Cambridge Soup Kitchen ===
Meets on Tuesday at 6 PM in W11. Travels down Mass Ave. to Central Sq.

=== (19) School of Community ===
Run by Communion and Liberation, an international ecclesial movement. For
more info contact David (campeau at mit.edu) or boston.usa.clu at gmail.com.

=== (20) Catholic Gifts for Little Kids for Advent and Christmas ===
Fr. Moloney has tapped into his vast experience as an uncle, consulted with
the experts, and compiled a number of field-tested gifts for young children
with a Catholic theme.
http://spiritualdirections.tumblr.com/tagged/catholicgiftsforkids

=== (21) Women's Discernment Mini-Retreat ===
Come for an afternoon of reflection on Sunday, December 13th, from 1-6pm at
Mount St. Vincent. Contact Sr. Marian Batho (sr_marian_batho at rcab.org |
617-746-5637) for info.

=== (22) Jesus in Boston ===
Come for Adoration/Confession, Mass, and social (free pizza!) with other
young Catholics. This month's event will be at St. Leonard's in teh North
End (320 Hanover Street, Boston) on Friday, December 11th, 7:30pm-~11pm.
Email Camille (cmcarlisle at alum.mit.edu) for more info.

May the peace and love of Christ be with you always!

The weekly bulletin can be found at http://tcc.mit.edu/www/bulletin