[TCCM] Message from Fr. Clancy

Loni Butera loni at MIT.EDU
Fri May 9 14:05:29 EDT 2014

As Catholics there is nothing more precious to us than Jesus truly present in the Blessed Sacrament. It is a gift that none of us are worthy of, and yet Jesus loves us so much that He comes to us in such an intimate way. It is very sad that some students from Harvard have chosen to sponsor a satanic ritual on their campus that is taking place on Monday evening. The whole intent of the ritual is to blaspheme and desecrate all that we as Catholics hold so dear. While our anger and hurt are justified it is important that we use this sad situation as both a teaching moment and a time of prayer. We make clear our teaching about what the Eucharist is to us as Catholics: the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus.  Any offense against our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament is a most grave matter. As sinners ourselves, we gather in prayer to ask for God’s mercy and to seek reparation against such grievous sins against His Love.
As a community we will gather on Monday evening, May 12, at 7 pm in the Chapel at MIT and after exposition and a brief period of adoration, we will proceed up Mass Ave in a Eucharistic Procession to join St. Paul parish for their Holy Hour from 8-9 pm. I ask that if it is at all possible that you plan to attend a part or all of this time of prayer and reparation.