[TCCM] Possible Spring Break Service Trip

Margarita A Esteban mesteban at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 30 11:34:37 EST 2012

Hello, all!

Greetings!  My name is Maita Esteban, and I'm taking over Jason's role as your friendly neighborhood service coordinator.  What does this mean?  Every now and then, I'll send out announcements about various service opportunities in the Cambridge/MIT/Boston area.  I know life at MIT can be hard and you can’t commit a whole lot of time, especially at short notice. The goal of TCC Service is simply to put the opportunities out there for you so that you can choose when to participate, what to participate in, and how often to do so.

At any rate, I'm writing to inform you about one such opportunity.  John Wuestneck, one of the protestant chaplains, is organizing a Habitat for Humanity trip over spring break to Clearwater, FL, and he has invited anyone in TCC who wants to go.  I have friends who have done spring break Habitat builds before, and they say this experience is incredibly worthwhile.  This is also a great opportunity to work with some of the other Christian groups on campus.  Fr. Clancy has said that the TCC may be able to subsidize the cost of the trip, but we need to gauge interest first.  If you are interested, please contact Kristelle at kangelli at mit.edu within the next week.  We will send you more information once we have more details.  (This isn't binding, but we want to get a general head-count.  If this trip is successful, the we may organize TCC spring break service trips in future years).

One last note---this is probably the last time I'm going to send service announcements to the general TCC mailing list.  For those of you who would like more regular updates from the TCC service ministry, we have the mailing list tcc-service at mit.edu.  Please contact me if you would like to be added.

Thank you all, and God bless.

Maita Esteban
TCC Service Coordinator