[TCCM] TCC orientation team, steering committee

Tony Valderrama tvald at MIT.EDU
Sun Jun 13 16:03:53 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

The TCC council is organizing a couple committees over the summer to
prepare for the fall.

----------------------------------
1) Orientation Team - This will involve planning for events during
freshmen and graduate orientation (8/29-9/4), as well as during the
first few weeks of term.  We'll be looking to draw in as many new faces
as possible, including folks who've been around a while but haven't been
particularly involved in TCC.

2) Steering Committee - This group will be looking at TCC's long term
plans, including such tasks as reviewing the constitution and
brainstorming ways to revitalize the community.  We'll also be piecing
together TCC's history, including looking through archives and
(hopefully) interviewing alumni.

These groups will meet for maybe 30 minutes each week, probably via some
sort of group chat or conference call.   More extended discussion will
take place over email, as necessary.

If you're interested in helping out, please send me your name, year, and
a list of any prior involvement with TCC activities.

Peace,
Tony Valderrama
chair, TCC Council