[TCCM] Elections Information: Nominations and Positions available.

Nabila Agila nmagila at MIT.EDU
Sat Mar 1 12:26:48 EST 2008

Dear members of TCC,

I hope your term is going well. This Sunday TCC will hold its annual
elections after the 5pm Mass alongside a Simple Supper.  This email will
contain information on details and responsibilities of each position, as
well as the way in which names may be nominated.

As a large student group, TCC relies heavily on its student leadership, who
executes many of the everyday tasks behind the scenes in logistics and that
keep us as a recognized MIT student group. TCC leadership is an excellent
way to serve our fellow students as well as to meet great people.  I would
like to strongly encourage you to participate actively in the elections;
your opinion will be greatly appreciated. Let's keep TCC running efficiently
and, with your help, let us always strive to serve the community better!

There will be two ways to nominate members for a position. Some of these
will be open immediately; some others will be open at the end of the term:

1. You may nominate yourself by emailing the contact person listed in each
position or on Sunday,
2. You may nominate others by emailing the contact person listed in each
position. In this case, the nominee will be contacted before the elections
and he/she will be asked weather they would accept the position in case of
being elected.

These positions will be elected tomorrow:

Council Chair
Organizes and leads council meetings (about once a month). Requests funding
from the graduate student council. Supports/works on new projects. Serves as
a point of contact for the community. This position will open immediately
and we will help you out during the transition.
Contact: Nabila nmagila at mit.edu

Bulletin Editor
Create and compile the weekly bulletin.  Requires about
1-2 hours of work per week and some knowledge of Microsoft Word.
Contact Jeanne: jlafor at mit.edu

Coffee and Donuts Coordinator
Recruits and trains volunteers for weekly C&D and sets their schedule for
each semester.  Ensures that the supplies are sufficient and reminds
volunteers of their duties.  About 1-2 hours a week as a commitment.
Contact Jeanne: jlafor at mit.edu

Lectors Coordinator
Schedules people to read at Mass and may send weekly reminders.
Contact Anna: amorys at mit.edu

Scripture Study Coordinator
This person organizes the Wednesday evening Scripture Studies, involving
determining the book of Scripture to study and emailing weekly reminders to
the group.  Summers involve more topical study which can require slightly
more organization time in determining topics and assigning weekly
organizers.  Commitment time is just over one hour a week (including
attending Scripture Study).
Contact Elizabeth: e_basha at mit.edu

Service Coordinator
Organizes service projects about once a month. Sets up sign up sheets after
Mass for volunteers. Works with contacts from volunteer organizations. Past
examples of service projects include: Women's Shelter, Bread and Jams
project, Charles River Conservancy.
Contact Nabila: nmagila at mit.edu

Weekly email Coordinator
Send a weekly email to the TCC community about the events going on that week
using the information provided by the webmaster or the bulletin editor.
Contact Nabila: nmagila at mit.edu

Please give some consideration to this process, whether by exercising your
vote and/or nominating yourself or somebody else for the positions. Feel
free to contact any of us with questions.

It has been an immense pleasure to serve TCC as Council Chair this year. Big
thanks to all, for your support to the student leadership. Big thanks to our
student leaders, many of whom are graduating this year, who have strived in
their positions to serve the community. Big thanks in advance to our new
leaders who will be elected tomorrow; we will be thrilled to have you!

In Christ,

-Nabila