[TCCM] Events for the Week of 3/4

Joseph S Pokora jpokora at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 5 11:12:55 EST 2007

This is MIT's Tech Catholic Community's (TCC) weekly email.
To unsubscribe use the list web page:
For up-to-date information: http://web.mit.edu/tcc/www/

---------------------------
TCC Events for the Week of 3/4
---------------------------

- Contemplation and Education
- Mes Latino - Spanish Mass
- Recollection at MIT
- Boston Men's/Women's Retreats
- Help Needed with Easter Brunch

- Mass Times
- Eucharistic Adoration
- Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Monday Nights
- Graduate Scripture Study

- Friday Evenings of Lent at St. Clement's

---------------------------
Sign-ups and one-time events
---------------------------

- Contemplation and Education
Wednesday, March 07, 2007, 7-8:30 PM, 32-123. The panelists (Fr. Thomas
Keating and Ven. Tenzin Priyadarshi) will talk about insights to
contemplative practice and its link to life-long learning.

- Mes Latino - Spanish Mass
Come join us as we celebrate Mes Latino's Spanish Mariachi Mass on
Sunday, March 18 at 1pm. After Mass, there will be tasty Brazilian food
for everyone in W11!

- Recollection at MIT
Saturday March 10 from 1-5pm we will be having a Day of Recollection at
MIT .With the theme "My Lord and My God," the day will include prayer,
faithsharing, reflection, and conclude with Mass. Please contact Fr.
Clancy at catholic at mit.edu for more information.

- Boston Men's/Women's Retreats
20 free tickets are available first-come-first-served for each of the
upcoming Boston Catholic Men's Retreat (Saturday March 17) and the
Boston Catholic Women's Retreat (Sunday March 18). Please contact Fr.
Clancy at catholic at mit.edu if interested. More information about the
retreats can be found at:
http://www.bostoncatholicmen.org/
http://www.bostoncatholicwomen.org/

- Help Needed with Easter Brunch
If anyone is intereseted in helping out with Easter Brunch, Sunday April
8, or related events that weekend, please contact Ana Posada at
aposada at mit.edu.

---------------------------
Ongoing Events
---------------------------

- Mass Times
Mass is held Tuesdays and Fridays when classes are in session at 12:05
in the MIT Chapel and on Sunday at 9:30 am, 1:00 pm, and 5:00 pm in the
MIT Chapel.

- Eucharistic Adoration
Eucharistic Adoration on Wednesday evenings 7-8pm in the MIT Chapel.

- Sacrament of Reconciliation
For those interested in receiving the sacrament of Reconciliation, Fr.
Clancy is offering regular hours for confessions on Wednesday evenings
from approximately 7-8pm (during Eucharistic Exposition) in the lower
level of the chapel. For more information, please contact Fr. Clancy at
clancyrf at comcast.net

- Monday Nights
Monday night dinner and a speaker or social is held in the W11 Main
Dining Room from 7-9pm. Contact Pat Engel (engelp at mit.edu) or Joe Papp
(jcpapp at mit.edu) for topic ideas or more info.
** Mar 05 - Brother Dennis-Anthony Wyrzyowsi, CTC, (the prior of the
Teresian Camelites of Worcester, MA) "Finding ourselves in God."
** Mar 12 - Fr. Brendan Buckley, OFM Cap - Spiritual Direction
** Mar 19 - Fr. Tim Gallager, OVM, (St. Clement) - Ignation Spirituality
** Mar 26 - Spring Break: No Monday Night
** Apr 02 - TBA
** Apr 09 - (Easter Monday) Sr. M. Caterine Esseline (Sisters of Our
Lady Mercy)
** Apr 16 - (Holiday) Social or Game Night
** Apr 23 - Ann Orlando (Topic TBD)
** Apr 30 - TBA

- Graduate Scripture Study
Father Clancy will lead the Graduate Scripture Study group this
semester.  We will meet Wednesdays at 6pm.
3/7 - W11 SDR
3/14 - 4-144
3/21 - W11 SDR
3/28 - Spring Break; W11 SDR
4/4 - W11 SDR
4/11 - W11 SDR
4/18 - 4-144
4/25 - W11 SDR
5/2 - W11 SDR
5/9 - 4-144
5/16 - W11 SDR

---------------------------
Volunteer Opportunities

Non-TCC Events (Catholic and Interdenominational)

- Friday Evenings of Lent at St. Clement's:
6:30pm dinner
7:00pm Stations of the Cross
7:30pm Confession
8:00pm coffee break