[TCCM] Welcome back! Also, "TCC New Student Hospitality" project.

Nabila Agila nmagila at MIT.EDU
Sun Aug 26 23:03:31 EDT 2007

Dear friends from the Tech Catholic Community,

Welcome to a new term with TCC! We are happy to have all of you back for our
scheduled activities this academic year. Today, we would like to introduce a
new TCC project: "TCC New Student Hospitality". Its objective is to help new
TCC members, undergraduate and graduate, meet current TCC members who are
either in their residence or course.

The program welcomes our new members with the enthusiasm of our community in
a personal way and lets them know that we are happy to have them. It will
not require a big time commitment. On the contrary, you could meet with your
mentee during those TCC activities you already attend, such as Mass,
after-Mass donuts, our amazing Welcome BBQ on September 9 or any of our
scheduled activities. Remember your first few days around MIT? Finding our
way through the Cartesian-like building arrangements and the complexity of
the MIT system may be confusing or even overwhelming at the beginning. Let's
help our newcomers to feel comfortable and welcomed at TCC, easing their
transition into the community.

To participate actively in the program, please fill out this short form and
send it to nmagila [at] mit.edu. It takes only a minute.

Name:
Email:
Course/Department:
Are you Undergraduate or Graduate student?
Dorm/Residence Hall:
Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks for all your help with building and expanding our community. TCC
truly stands next to its mission statement: "Our unity in faith and
Sacraments transcends our diversity. We are called to grow in our faith and
to share that faith with one another, with those newly arrived in our
community with those whose search has led them away from the Church, and all
who seek God."

You may find the dates when we will resume our regularly scheduled
activities in the bulletin.

Thank you.