[TCCM] Cardinal's Mass

frclancy frclancy at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 4 08:50:05 EDT 2007

Dear Friends:

I was informed yesterday by the Cardinal that he has to cancel his appearance at
the April 15 Mass at 6 pm at MIT due to being asked to be present in Brazil for
the installation of a bishop in a remote diocese there.

Cardinal Sean found out about it only on Monday of this week and is sincerely
sorry about the situation.  I, too, am very disappointed, but these situations
are beyond our control.  Rescheduling is also difficult as his schedule is made
months in advance.  We will have him come as soon as we can.

We will have Mass that day (April 15) at 9:30, 1 pm and 6 pm (all in the
chapel).  I am keeping the evening Mass at 6 pm because some flyers went out
with that time on it and I do not want people to miss Mass.

Thank you for all the work that you had done to prepare for his visit
(especially Loni and Amy Perez).

In the meantime, let's celebrate this Holy Week with great devotion and fervor.
Last night several came to our penance service.  Tonight we have adoration and
confessions from 7 to 8 pm and beginning on Thursday evening we have the Mass
of the Lord's Supper (7:30 pm); Good Friday of the Lord's Passion (3 pm): the
Easter Vigil on Saturday (8:30 pm) and Easter Sunday Mass at 9:30 am.

God bless,
Fr. Clancy