[TCCM] Events for the Week of 9/17

Joe Pokora jpokora at MIT.EDU
Sat Sep 16 03:11:12 EDT 2006

his is MIT's Tech Catholic Community's (TCC) weekly email.
To unsubscribe use the list web page:
For up-to-date information: http://web.mit.edu/tcc/www/

---------------------------
TCC Events for the Week of 9/17
---------------------------

- Lector Training Session SUNDAY
- Fall Retreat
- TCC Soccer

- Mass Times
- Eucharistic Adoration
- Monday Nights
- Graduate Scripture Study

- Reaching for Higher Ground

- St. Clements Pig Roast
- See You at the Dome Fall 2006

---------------------------
Sign-ups and one-time events
---------------------------

- Lector Training Session SUNDAY
Lector Training session Sunday 9/17 from 2:30-3pm at the chapel.  It
will be run by Anna Morys (amorys at mit.edu) and myself (Eduardo
Montemayor, emonty at mit.edu)

- Fall Retreat
TCC's Fall retreat will be held at the Franciscan Retreat Center in
Kennebunkport, Maine.
Depart Oct 13 @5pm, return Oct 15 @12pm
Sign up list Sunday or email catholic at mit.edu

- TCC Soccer/Badminton
If anyone is interested in playing intramural soccer or badminton
through TCC
(C-league all abilities welcome) please email Bridget
<bridget.emma at gmail.com>.

---------------------------
Ongoing Events
---------------------------

- Mass Times
Mass is held Tuesdays and Fridays when classes are in session at 12:05
in the MIT Chapel.  The first mass is this Friday, September 8. Mass is
held on Sunday at 9:30 am, 1:00 pm, and 5:00 pm in the MIT Chapel.

- Eucharistic Adoration
Eucharistic Adoration on Wednesday evenings 7-8pm in the MIT Chapel.

- Monday Nights
Monday night pasta plus is held in the W11 Main Dining Room from 7-9pm
and includes dinner.
** September 18 - "Deus Caritas Est" with Ann Orlando
** September 25 - Pro-Life Panel Discussion

- Graduate Scripture Study
Father Clancy will lead the Graduate Scripture Study group in exploring
Romans and Galatians this semester.  We will meet Wednesdays at 6pm.
9/20 is in W11 Small Dining Room; 9/27 is in the Stata Cafeteria.

---------------------------
Volunteer Opportunities
---------------------------

- Reaching for Higher Ground
(Volunteer run tutoring program of the Paulist Center and St.
Katherine?s) needs volunteer tutors to work with elementary through
high school age children in all subject areas, especially math, science,
and reading.  Also, Test Prep. Every Saturday (except holidays & school
vacation) 10 a.m. until Noon Starting Sept. 17, 2005
Mother Caroline Academy
515 Blue Hill Ave., Dorchester
(One block up from Franklin Park Zoo)
Contact Mary Hughes Email: Meh3697 at aol.com Phone: 617-361-3697

---------------------------
Non-TCC Events (Catholic and Interdenominational)
---------------------------

- St. Clements Pig Roast
Saturday September 16, 2006
5:00 pm - 9:00pm
St. John Chrysostom, 4750 Washington St., West Roxbury, MA
Featuring a Live Mariachi Band, Live Irish Fiddlers and an appearance by
the Cardinal $10 per person all you can eat
Contact Tim Van Damm (617) 501 -3950

- See You at the Dome Fall 2006
*8:45am, Thursday, 9/21 @ Killian Court
Let's come together as one body in Christ to pray for a *revival *in the
MIT community, *unity *among the Christian community, and *salvation
*for our friends and living groups!
*Details*: Modeled after the worldwide event, "See You at the Pole", See
You at the Dome is a time for Christians from all across campus to
gather for a time of worship and prayer. At the first SYATD last spring,
over 150 Christians congregated on Killian Court to pray for our campus!
*Logistics*: The first fifteen minutes will be spent worshiping our Lord
and Savior through songs. Then we will break up into smaller groups of
5-10 people to pray for ~20 minutes. Finally, we will end with one last
worship song.