[TCCM] Events for the Week of 10/29

Joe Pokora jpokora at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 30 22:32:43 EST 2006

This is MIT's Tech Catholic Community's (TCC) weekly email.
To unsubscribe use the list web page:
For up-to-date information: http://web.mit.edu/tcc/www/

---------------------------
TCC Events for the Week of 10/29
---------------------------

- First Friday!
- Publicity Help
- Donut Volunteers Needed

- Mass Times
- Eucharistic Adoration
- Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Monday Nights
- Graduate Scripture Study

- North American Food Drive with Lambda Chi Alpha

- Anscombe Society

---------------------------
Sign-ups and one-time events
---------------------------

- First Friday!
Join TCC as we pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet and Adoration for the First
Friday of November.  We will be in the chapel from 2-3 on 11/3.  Hope to
see you there!

- Publicity Help
Do you live on Campus? Do you pass by a bulletin board every day? Help
us in publicizing our events. Just email Steve (steve_e at mit.edu) and let
him know which dorm/lab/infinite corridor location you can help us with.
All we need is for your to put posters up a few times during the semester.

- Donut Volunteers Needed
If you would like to hlep set up for donuts for the 1pm and 5pm masses,
please contact Jeanne at (jlafor at mit.edu). Your generous gift of time
allows us to keep the donuts coming... Please volunteer to help if you can.

---------------------------
Ongoing Events
---------------------------

- Mass Times
Mass is held Tuesdays and Fridays when classes are in session at 12:05
in the MIT Chapel and on Sunday at 9:30 am, 1:00 pm, and 5:00 pm in the
MIT Chapel.

- Eucharistic Adoration
Eucharistic Adoration on Wednesday evenings 7-8pm in the MIT Chapel.

- Sacrament of Reconciliation
For those interested in receiving the sacrament of Reconciliation, Fr.
Clancy is offering regular hours for confessions on Wednesday evenings
from approximately 7-8pm (during Eucharistic Exposition) in the lower
level of the chapel. For more information, please contact Fr. Clancy at
clancyrf at comcast.net

- Monday Nights
Monday night pasta plus is held in the W11 Main Dining Room from 7-9pm
and includes dinner.
** Oct 30 - TBA Consecrated Women in Regnum Christi
** Nov 06 - TBA

- Graduate Scripture Study
Father Clancy will lead the Graduate Scripture Study group in exploring
Romans and Galatians this semester.  We will meet Wednesdays at 6pm.
11/1 and 11/8 are in W11 SDR.

---------------------------
Volunteer Opportunities
---------------------------

- North American Food Drive with Lambda Chi Alpha
The brothers of Lambda Chi Alpha need your help this Thanksgiving Season
In an effort to collect cans for the Greater Boston Food Bank, brothers
will stay around after Masses on Sunday Nov. 5th to collect any
donations you can make. Cash donations are accepted as every dollar is
worth two pounds of food. Thank you for your help. Contact Brandon
Suarez (brandons at mit.edu) with any questions.

Non-TCC Events (Catholic and Interdenominational)

- Anscombe Society
The MIT Anscombe Society is a group of students who are dedicated to
promoting chastity on campus. If you are interested in the group or
would like more information about meetings and othere events the group
sponsors, please contact Bill Jacobs (trekkie at mit.edu)